Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portsmouth NH
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Report June 12, 2003[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Good Quality fish are in the rivers and bays of NH. Went out on Wed. and Thursday with 2 guys on vacation from Vt. and they limited out both days and caught a number of smaller fish as well. All of the fish were nice and healthy and fat, and even the fish that did not make the limit were within an inch or two of the 28” size limit currently in place in NH. If you did not know it, NH has changed the limit this year to two fish per person. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Both fish must be over 28” and only one of those can be over 40”. So yes this year there is a 2 fish limit in NH. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Still don’t see any surface activity from Stripers yet, although I am sure every so often they are up busting baits which are very plentiful. Small baitfish are in great abundance through out the river and birds were furiously working the surface as we passed the Naval Shipyard each day. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Early in the week I did some live bait fishing with Alewifes caught on Sabiki rigs in one of the small rivers. The baits were big and led to a lot of missed fish although we did manage to catch a bunch of good size stripers on them. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Mackerel are making an appearance at the mouth of the Piscataqua river with mixed results, some days they are easily caught and other days they are hard to find. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I also heard of some good flounder fishing starting up in some of the near shore spots. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Good Fishing[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Capt Joel[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]www.nhsaltwaterfishing.com[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]