Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Day Of Trout
This past saturday was the first day of trout here in my part of the state. I ended up Getting my limit in about a half hour to 45 minutes! Thats all fine and good, but they were all kinda small. The past 3 years it seems like the fish have ben getting smaller. I don't really keep trout so its not that big of a deal. On the otherhand i really like the fight of a bigger trout in the ripples. I remember when i could go to the creek and consistently catch 13 to 16 inch fish all day, and maybe even one 20+ incher. Now the past few years im stuggleing to get one over 12". O well at least i'm getting some fish. How did you guys do this year so far with trout?
[signature]
A friend of mine and I took our kids out the first day and they did well. Between 4 kids they landed 16 stockies and 1 native. They had a good time. My friend and I haven't taken a pole the first day for the past three years. We get just as much enjoyment watching the kids and teaching them some patience and tactics.[Smile]
[signature]
Thats great that you take the kids out! Without people like you this sport would be dead in a few years. If no one introduced the kids to it they would not take and interest. and once they see that its fun they will keep coming back.
[signature]
Hey there chief!

My uncle and I went out on first day here in Allentown, we got 2 8"ers, it was awful, so we went to a pond in danielsville and got 8 15+" Brooks and Rainbows
[signature]
yeah these day i wonder to myself why i even bother getting a trout stamp. I think i just go to help break spring fever lol. Im more of a bass/pike/walleye guy lol.
[signature]