Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon count at the Bonnivel

2009 Chinook Salmon Count Bonneville / Lower Granite Dams

Adult Chinook Counts since March 1, 2009DamDate of CountDaily CountTotal Count to Date - 2009Total Count to Date - 2008Average Total Count
2003-2007
BonnevilleApril 197422,59611,06012,959Lower GraniteApril 190522108Counts include both hatchery and wild origin adults. Jacks are not included in the count.

[Image: bonn.gif]

[Image: gran.gif]
[signature]
do you get a good coho run?
[signature]
i dont this all came off the idaho fish and game website. you can sign up for them to send you e-mails on this and the stealhead run i get them both. so check it out. the actually do do somethin with all that money other then buy new pick-ups for the fish cops.
[signature]
from the sounds of it they plant alot of trout too..ive never seen a cuttroat let alone cought one..we havnt had any brokies planted in 20 years..you aint got it so bad guy..
[signature]
yeah i love the fact that we have trout. they are so much fun. especially on a fly rod. that is heaven on earth.
[signature]
yea your right to apreciate what you have..if the watter aint flowwin i dont want to fish it..what kind of trout will you eat..i find the browns not to good but i love the brokies..
[signature]
Rainbows cutthroart and really any. but those 2 are my fav. the big browns not so much they don't taste very good. but if i'm gonna take it home i'm gonna eat it. i do alot of catch and release. i don't like dealin with them
really so i will just turn them lose and catch them again another day.
[signature]
never cought or ate a cutthroat maybe someday..browns are just to mushy of a meat..eat alot of steelhead bakedat least once a week..kids love em..
[signature]
have never eaten a stealhead. i would really like lol. but yeah fall season is comin up so yeah an i have got my car runnin so yeah it will be the vechicle that i take to salmon. i paid 125 dollar for a 1990 buick century the inside is perfect. there is not a crack in the dash or a tear in the seats i couldn't believe it lol. what a deal i got.
[signature]
so what you gonna do with that roll of duct tape..il give you 2 bucks for it[cool]
[signature]
Tape the outside of it. what else.
[signature]
hey i got a question..what kind of set up do they normally use for steelhead/salmon there..we drift fish with afly real filled with mono.. then a dropper..or we drift bobbers with a spey rod and centerpin reels..proboly not that much diferent..
[signature]
ya sounds similar i think there are probly a thousand diffrent ways to rig both of them up. I normaly use a a swivel with 18-30 inches of leader with my hook at the other end of course. Then a small peace of surgical tubing and put it on the swivel, and put a peace of pencil lead in the tubing. I have a couple difftent rigs i use with my bobbers but it would be easier to take a pic than try to explain it. so if your interestead i could probly tie one up.
[signature]
they sell a toolthat punches a hole in one end of the pencil lead and cuts it off..then you hook it up to a snap swivel..we get the pencil lead in spools..use alot of cannonballs to..what do you run for main line..theres alot of diferent freferences there to..i use the 20 puond red line..
[signature]
i use stuff thats called pea line, not sure i spelled it right but its a clear mono. I have a 14 lb test but its the diamater of 6 lb test. Its the best line for leader in my mind.
[signature]
its p-line a florocarbon line..we use it alot bobber fishing..probbly the best florocarbon available..nice choice..we use it a little lighter 6 to 8 pound test..it does tend to get nicked up preety easy..got to change dropper often..
[signature]
i was acctualy refering to the main line before the leader.line alot of people the main line heavy with a lighter dropper[leader line]..
[signature]
that makes more sense, i was wondering why you used such light leader.
[signature]
we actually do use a lighter leader then your probley used to..8 to 10 is normal..will drop to 6 sometimes..the average salmon is 30 to 35 inches..the average steelie is 25 to 30 inches..of course they get bigger butt there easy to handle if you know how to play them..thats another reason we use fly reels..they have a better drag ..
[signature]
just an ad on...we use the heavy main line almost like a sinking fly line thats why we like it heavy..some people will actualy use a stripping line it works to..
[signature]