Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach SC
Fishing is off to a slow start here at the beach. hope the weather will stay warm and the water temp gets right for the bait to move in. It is always slow this month but won;t be long the fish move in and it's game on. Had a couple good trip despite thinking it would be slow with some guys from Charlotte NC first of the month and thought I'd share...... Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet Fishing

Well what a long winter it has been.....but yesterday was the first trip of the season and I was a little worried. Not much has been being caught in Murrells Inlet with the water still in the 50's and no bait had shown up. But I got a call, some guys from Charlotte NC wanted to give it a try. I told them it was SLOW this time of year but they insisted on going and I'm glad they did... We got into a small school and pulled them steady for about a hour. They all thought I was messing with them when I told them it would be slow but by stoke of luck we found some. There was no bait to be found , I'm glad I bought some Mud Minnows from Perry's Bait on Hwy 17 Bus. Murrells Inlet Sat. morning.. The Red Drum we caught were on average 25in. All were return to fight another day. As I mentioned,the bait has not made it this far up the beach yet so you will need to buy "Mudders" if you hope to catch some fish. Looks like the weather is going to crap Monday and get cooler this week. Hope it don't ruin the fishing. If you in Murrells Inlet and need bait we have 2 stores, Perry's and Inlet Bait and Convinence,they both are great folks and have everything you will need to fish Murrells Inlet. Wishing you a great trip to the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area and be safe out there...
[Image: cool.gif]Capt.Shannon Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet Fishing
[signature]
BFT you keep posting on my site with have a post then puting links back to here so here you go back

[url "http://fatboydanfishing.com/index.php"]http://fatboydanfishing.com/index.php[/url]
[signature]

[signature]
Well it's been sometime since I have made a post so here goes. The last 2 weeks have been tough but you got to go if you want to catch fish. Thank goodness for the past 2 days.........The fishing has got better inspite of the muddy looking water here in Murrells Inlet. Lots of small Flounder amd Red Fish have been caught. I have been mst everyday and the afternoon winds are blowing a gale. If you are to try fidh get out early and forget the afternoon bite..Murrells Inlet is a tough place to fish but can be productive if you find good bait and hit the tide right. Hope you get out and catch a bigun'.
Fishing Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet SC, I'm Capt. Shannon and hope you have a great time while in the area.
[signature]
Dang Doc, been a while since you've been on here. I can't say anything, I just started posted on here again recently.
[signature]
Yeah this fishing everday is tough on a old man.........You need to get your ticket and start running some trips for me............
[signature]
I was lucky enough to fish Myrtle Beach at Murrells Inlet about 10 years ago. I caught my biggest spanish Mackerel of my life that day. 22 pounds. We caught a few grouper too large enough to take to a friends and cook up for dinner.

And it's one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been too. You're a lucky man to live there.
[signature]
Hey Bull,thanks for chimming in man. I know I'm perty lucky to have the life here at the beach but man have you got to hustle to make it..............Next time you make it to Myrtle Beach or Murrells Inlet give me a shout...843 450 1430 and we will try to wet one or have a cool one at least...[Wink]
[signature]
I will definitely take you up on that offer next time I'm there. I just finished up at college and got my Associates of Applied Science and D.E.T. (digital electronics technology) certificates I and II. Cisco Networking I,II,III,IV

So I am looking for a job around that area or any good coastal town on the East coast or West coast.

So who knows I might be living there soon if a good job offer comes my way from near there.

I returned to college at age 44 and finally completed something, lol. I quit college back in 1983 to play in a rock band and ended up doing that til I was 43 years old. Never got famous but made a good living and had a great time.
[signature]
I wish I could run some trips for you. I'd be down. What's my cut? Maybe i'll get legal again. [:p]
[signature]
25%<>
[signature]
I can live with that.
[signature]
I fish just north of Myrtle Beach in a little place called Cherry Grove. I love the pier there. still new to saltwater fishing so I haven't caught much yet. I still enjoy it.
[signature]
I like the area around cherry grove. You know, the world record tiger shark was caught off that pier. [Wink]

I fished Myrtle Beach State Park pier in my teenage years. Had a great time. I float fished for kings on the end, and flounder fished while I waited for a run. Caught a lot of fish off that pier.
[signature]
yep, they have a bulliten board with a whole lot of pictures on it of people that have caught stuff off of that pier. i didnt spend a lot of time looking though, i will next time.
[signature]
Fishing has been good the last week or so. Think this fall is going to be even better. The mullet are running thick so it should be a great fall. This is a little clip of a few trips we had this summer.....
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJS0Bp2Y78"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJS0Bp2Y78[/url]
[signature]