Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the fishing is poor
Kind of hard to maintain our resources when this is happening...

[url "http://www.npfmc.com/"]http://www.npfmc.com/[/url]
[signature]
me and my freinds have been boycoting it for years..we eat what we catch thats it,,never bought any fish at any store..might need to find a crowd that dont fish
[signature]
The reason I posted it here, is because the commercial fisheries are accusing the recreational angler of depleting the fishing resources, when in fact the bycatch last year on the pollock commercial fishery was over 120,000 king salmon. So the King Salmon fishery and the Halibut fishery are suffering do to the commercial fishing along the state of Alaska.

It needs to be known by the recreational angler that they are being accused of the depletion of fish, and that a few of us here in Alaska are trying to fight this. They are regulating the rec anglers but have not regulated the commercial fisherman anywhere near the number of limitations they have to rec angler.
[signature]
so lets fight them legaly petitions and contacting your congresman.ill sign a petition..its a noble and just cause..so bring the fight to them..
[signature]
As soon as we get the correct info on numbers from the ADFG fisheries biologists, and a complete list of regulations that we expect as rec anglers. You will be notified. The more names we get, obviously the better.

Apparently the commercial fisheries, here in the upper cook inlet, claim they only obtain 4,000 king salmon, and accuse the rec anglers of obtaining over 40,000 kings is a bit far fetched. The season here for the rec anglers are open from May 15th (when the river is open enough to fish them) through July 13th. And if 150 people fish one river, getting their limit of 1 king salmon per person/per day (if lucky enough) therefore, only harvesting a little under 15,000 fish. I can understand that over 40,000 kings may be caught throughout the state of Alaska by rec anglers. But, they are accusing the rec angler of catching this many in just one river. And the river they are talking about it only access by boat or plane.

I'm talking about the Deshka River, and it is known for good fishing, but soon it will be known as "when fishing was good"
[signature]
im game for a good fight i dont care how much money they got..
[signature]