Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pyramid Lake, CA
Hey guys,

I am new to fishing and head out to Pyramid Lake last week. I was fishing off the dock on the right side as soon as you pull in, didnt have any luck in catching anything.

Any pointers as what to use with regards to bait, ,etc out there?

Thanks
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][#008000]Too often when one isn't catching any fish, the problem generally is that there aren't any fish in the immediate area. If fish are present then one has to use the right type of bait at the correct height off of the bottom. So what were you fishing for and what kind of setup did you employ?[/#008000]
[signature]
They usually have striped bass, trout, large and smallmouth bass, catfish, crappie and bluegill. The guy next to me caught two using anchovies I think it was, i couldnt tell what kind of fish it was though.

I first started off using chicken liver in my bait mesh that i bought so it wouldnt fly off the hook (which it didnt) but had no luck, then I switched to nightcrawlers. I was using a "Carolina" style setup i think its called that was recommended from the guy at the fishing store using a 1 oz weight.

Is there anything i should change, such as the weight or the length of my hook from the swivel, etc? I want to get anchovies for next time and maybe some bloodworms. Will fake rigged worms work also?
[signature]
Anchovies work best when fishing for the Stripers. Power bait works for the trout. Night crawlers will work best for the Catfish and Largemouth Bass. The Crappies will attack the blood worms and the Bluegills like Wax worms.[cool]
[signature]