Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a traveler here...Need FISH!!!
Staying in Chesapeake. Just here working for a few more weeks, and only get to fish on Sundays. Don't have my boat with me, but really need to get a hook into a few fish. I'd prefer freshwater, but mostly I just like to fish. Can somebody point me to someplace I can sit on the bank and figure to hook something? I get just as much thrill from a bluegill as I do a marlin.

My home is in northeast Florida, so inshore saltwater fishing is what I do most. I really enjoy freshwater and don't have a problem with a couple of hours drive to get to it. Just frustrated 'cause I can't find any durn fish around here! HELP!!!
[signature]
I am not to fimilar to where you are, but I hope these can help...

cross the james river bridge and hang a left on the first light after crossing the bridge "river park dr" and you will be in [#0000bf]huntington park[/#0000bf].

or go up further and take the right lane and follow 60 north where the road splits, then take the left at the next split up to the light and turn left on to Warwick Blvd. follow that up to Main st and hang a left and you will be at [#0000bf]river side park[/#0000bf]. This park has a peir that goes out a hundred yards out in to the river.

continue up further on warwick blvd to Jones rd and make a left and you will find your self at [#0000bf]Curtis Point[/#0000bf], "[#0000bf]lake maury[/#0000bf]" it has a peir to fish off of, and you can go around to the other side and park by lions bridge and fish from shore on maury and [#0000bf]kettle pond[/#0000bf] I think.

or you can keep going north on warwick to the town of neport news and turn left on Manchville rd and go to [#0000bf]Riverview Farm Park[/#0000bf] has a peir you can get out from shore.
[signature]