Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nelson lake
water is rising boys still even more than before! clarity is getting better fish are sloshing around in the reeds in the creek all over the place, fished off the bank yesterday for a bit did well had a 4 pounder on and OMG it was attacked by a gigantic northern pike right by the shore oh was that exciting! didnt get the pike or the bass! but had my heart thumping for about 30 minutes afterwards! water is a foot higher than it was last week!
[signature]
that's sweet! last summer i caught a couple nice pike out there. with all the other lakes open the fishing should get better at nelson. we have our badlands tournament there on may 9th!
[signature]
unless this weather turns around fishing will be crap on the 9th the lake is muddy again from the rain and runoff. water temps are still low and fishing is not too good right now. need a week of stable weather to get em going again. even small fish are hard to come by right now
[signature]
you should come out and fish the tournament with us!
[signature]
i will be out there for the tournament with you guys but it is virtually worthlessthe fishing is terrible right now. there spawning and not biting at all the water is dirty and very very high i cant find em? a month ago i was averaging 50-100 fish a day with a lot of big ones now it sucks i dont know what happened ever since the water rose so much they just dissapeared! went out off the bank today just messing around and caught 4 on a jig and gulp plastics by the discharge. went out in the boat the other day and only caught 2 fish allday both small. getting discouraged! im sure in a couple weeks it will be awesome but right now it is looking grim weights will be very low in the tournament unless they turn on in the next couple days.
[signature]