Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not just fishing, but catching.
As previously mentioned, I'm actually in WV, but PA is the closest state to me that actually has an active forum here on BFT.

With that being said, I had a nice day today. Not only did I go fishing, but I was actually able to do some catching!

I caught ten 12"-16" red eye bass[Image: dumb.gif] on live minnows, suspended about 2 ft below water in about 3-4 ft water on a man-made large rock bed... But simply wasn't able to catch a thing with any of my lures.

Obviously minnows are the easiest to fish with as they have all the action needed and you can just let it do all the work, but can you give me any tips on how to land some of these hungry fish on a lure!? I tried a few crank baits, a few spinnerbaits, but nothing seemed to follow them.

I actually caught the same fish twice today, as it had a crawldad arm trying to be passed from its system. Stupid greedy fish just love minnows, but I want to catch something on my hard earned lures!

Suggestions?
[signature]
I thought you answerd your own question as you said one of the fish had a crawfish! Time for a tiny rebel crawfish lure or med. size.
[signature]
If you ask me i think any lure that you can move slower this time of year would be the better bet. The fish still are not out of winter mode just yet. That being said, they are not going to wanna run after a crank. Try bouncing some soft plastics on the bottom or maybe using a jerk bait that you can pause under the water to give the fish some time to react. Also try swimming a jig and pause it on the bottom from time to time. Remember you were using minnows under a bobber that was just sitting there not moving. think slow this time of year.
[signature]