Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report
Hit Scofield today for a few hours in the morning. It was really nice weather, which was a nice surprise, for most of the time we were there. There was a lot more ice than I was expecting hearing some of the reports. But there was open water to be fished around many of the edges. The south end was basically open, other than that you had marginal open edges. This is a picture of one of the fish we picked up. The rest were all small rainbows or tigers. This picture doesn't show the ice situation. It's still a bit away for there to be significant open water.

Got off the water before the snow storm hit. Hit right as we were driving out of the parking lot. Good timing I'd say! [Wink]

[Image: S4011081.jpg]
[signature]
Nice fish![cool]
[signature]
RIGHT ON!!! Ran into Pat at Fish Tech today.
Where did you go and what was the ticket?
[signature]
Fished Madison. Nothing was really the "ticket" as the fishing was pretty slow. I picked up a couple on a brown stillwater bug and one on an olive seal bugger. A friend caught his on fiery brown seal buggers and one on a shiner minnow pattern.

So a variety of flies/colors caught one or two fish each, but nothing killed it. All reports tell me they had slow times that day as well. Should get good soon though.
[signature]
We were there around Memorial last year, so a few more weeks couldn't hurt for sure.
I heard a bay or two is ice off at Strawberry......anyone got news?
[signature]
Bay by the wilderness camp was fishable from part of the shore as of last Wednesday evening. I'm sure a little bit more pulled back Thursday, but it's been cold enough to slow that down the last few days. I've heard the Ladders had about 20 feet.

I would think by this weekend there might be fishable shorelines in some places, but not significant open water.
[signature]
We will have to meet up in the future and try it again, what do you say?
[signature]
As long as you and Allan teach me how to fish! Your reputation as stillwater gurus is far reaching...I'd love to learn from the pro's! Let's do it.
[signature]