Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the area / forum
Just figured I would drop in and say hello. I have been reading some of the posts on here and it seems people are friendly and sharing good advice etc.. I havent fished in quite a few years. I used to fish all the time when I was younger (about 3 - 12) I havent really fished since and I am now 23. So I am just starting to get back into it. A friend of mine and I went out last week to Rice Lake and fished some off the boat ramp. They were spawning and only got 1 that day but we still had a blast. We went out to Lake Darling the following day and I had one on the line until he broke it =( I wasn't too happy about that one. Not sure if it was caught on something or if he bit through it, but all said and done was 2 of the best days I have had in ND since I moved here 2 years ago! If anyone has any advice they want to throw my way of where to fish and what to fish with I would gladly listen. I don't know the area, but I am good with maps! I also don't really know what to use to fish for what different types of fish, but I am willing to learn. Any good literature reccomendations? Thx in advance!
-Malcom
[signature]
Hey welcome to BFT!!
It's awesome to see new people come on the ND board because it doesnt happen a lot.
If I'm thinking right I'm pretty sure i have caught some pike at Rice lake.
What area do you fish around? With that info I'm sure we could all tell you what we know.
[signature]
Welcome aboard! what do u like to fish for?
[signature]
Honestly, I am not too picky. I don't know enough about fishing to go for any one particular thing. I am a leisure fisher I suppose... Although I definitely enjoy eating most anything I catch. Sorry it took so long for me to get back on here, this is basically my first day "off" in forever. I bought 2 boats since my last post. A 86' 16 ft (i think) aluminum jon boat with a 25 Johnson and a 83' 17 ft Glasspar (sp) with a suzuki DT140 and it came with a trolling motor. They need some TLC (maily the Glasspar) I am knee deep in the DT140 cleaning check valves and trying to get it to run. I picked them both up (both have trailers) for $1900!!! now I just need both my jobs to give me a day off so I can try to get the DT 140 back together and take her out. I will fish any location btw, I plan on going to sakakawea (sp) and devils lake and strawberry lake ... all over... I went and checked out Nelson/Carlson a week or week and a half ago ... not a lot of action .. we were on the shore though
[signature]
If you want to catch some bass, nelson lake is a great oppurtunity. there was a bass tourny this last weekend and the results were awesome.
the water is warming up so the fish are starting to bite.
a lot of what i fish for are bass. if you ever have a chance you should go out to fish creek. if you cant catch any bass there, you'll for sure catch some trout.
i know river fishing right now is great, people have been catching there limits and more.
[signature]
Sounds like you got a nice deal on those boats! I just have a 14' aluminum boat that seems to spring new leaks everytime i take it out haha[laugh]

Have you been out anywhere lately?
[signature]
We went out to Darling last week, a guy right next to us was catching pike we ended up catching a bunch of little bullheads ... it was still fun though. I guess pike are easy to catch there with trevel (sp?) hooks and smelt. I can't wait to go pick my aluminum boat up ... should be getting it around the end of the month. I got the bass boat ... just trying to get the engine running and she needs quite a bit of TLC on the interior.
[signature]