Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What reel
Someone Gave me these spools and I can't find any reels that might fit them. Does anyone know this style . they are 3-1/2" dia. X 1" thick. Any help would be appreciated.

[inline IMG_0403.jpg][inline IMG_0406.jpg]
[signature]
looks like a hardy to me....
[signature]
Hardly Lightweight series. 99.99 percent sure. I have several! Look on Ebay for reel frames. If you can't find any, which is highly unlikely, the spools can bring big dollars on Ebay as well.

I bought two of the smaller reels on there last year, and sold some spools I had for the larger ones.
[signature]
It does look like that but the lightweight has holes on the backside. I also think it could be for the Marque but it that one doesn't show the back of the reel. I e-mailed them to hardy maybe they might have an idea. Thanks for your input guys
[signature]
Um, my Hardy Featherweights and Flyweights, both in the "lightweight" series, don't have holes on the inside of the spool. No holes on the back side of the reel either. I no longer own any LRH's (next size up from a Featherweight), but the spools for them that I sold last year didn't have them either.

The hole pattern on the spool you have pictured is exactly what the Hardy looks like.

I'm going to up my call now after looking at one of my reels. I'm 100 percent sure![Wink]
[signature]
Problem I have is no dealer around here I'll wait till I get to slc and see if any of the dealers there might have something. I just don't want to purchase and it not work
[signature]
I looked on e-bay and the hardy site they do look alike but the dimentions and size and I counted the teeth on the gears and the holes on all 3 rows. they just aren't matching up Unless I missed something I still haven't heard back from hardy so I'll probably take it with me to SLC next time I go and see if they might have something to fit them.
[signature]