Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Fishing Bear Lake this time of year?
I haven't seen too many posts of us guys fishing Bear Lake, has fishing gone South for the summer? I've never fished there in the summer? I'm just curious as to the fishing conditions on the Bear douring the summer months? I know its good fishing in the Fall (November) Winter,& early Spring. Give me an update. Thanks guys!
[signature]
[unimpressed] Last weekend I fished Bear Lake on the east side in a canoe. I mainly stayed around first and second point and cisco beach. I used spoons, big spinners, and crocidiles with little success. I caught one Huge carp and had a cutthroat on but it got off. Total time spent fishing was 3hrs. I didn't see anyone in the boats catching anything either.
[signature]
[Sad]I wish knew what the secret is at the big bear for the summer myself. I spend alot of weekends at Bear Lake all year long. Seems like the summer fishing just slows down and stays that way until the temps start cooling down. I will wait until October and get after the macs when they spawn. Hunt elk in the mornings and evenings and fish in the afternoons. Bear Lake is so hit and miss. Great one day and dead the next. Gotta put the hours in on this one.
[signature]