Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas below pueblo res.
kinda late on this cause i had alot of stuff to do but let me get started.

i finally made it back to the world of 24/7 wal marts and nasty drive thru food, home!

decided after i got some stuff done to hit right below the res for a few hours. started below the bridge in the state park with my fly rod for about an hour or so and nothing. switched to a night crawler and split shot.... nothing. the water is up, looks like they are getting ready for the runoff.

moved below the pueblo blvd. bridge, and still nothing.

moved again back towards the state park and stopped at the pull out by the old sand company and valcro (spelling) ponds. fished the deep hole there with both my fly rod and night crawlers again, and still nothing. the three guys i had talke to said they had been at it all day all over the river and dident have a single hit.

moved back to the state park and went to the one place i have never been skunked. i fished the handicap ramp thats righ before the little station where they check your parks pass.

first cast, bam, finally a little 12 to 13 incher. made a few more casts, and on about my 5th cast i nailed another one. that place never lets me down, and is my go to pot when i cant catch anything anywhere else. i have caught small mouth, rainbows, one brown, and 2 wall eyes there over the years.

water was fairly clear, cold as all hell and FAST! everyone i saw fly fishing, and had a chance to speak to were having no luck at all. the one hardware tosser i spoke to was the same. sure beats sitting in a bar in germany though!

tomorrow (today) its the dream stream, finally! i have been waiting over a year to get back up there and fish this thing!

Don please edit the photo im attaching, the laptop im in has no capabilities to minimize it.
[signature]
Great report K thank you for the heads up, I am headed to the Pueblo this weekend and will follow up with a report.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Rivers are a little tough right now but are getting better by the day. i cant wait to here report from the dream stream.
[signature]