Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who went fishing this week ?
I was in Pentwater this past weekend , kinda wet and cool over that way .
I left here and it was 71 out , by the time I hit the bridge it was 41 and the river was running upstream , must have been that gentle 70 mph. wind blowing the lake inland no doubt .
I kinda had a little bit of bad luck within the first few minutes and ended up with some cracked ribs on my casting side , ouch !!! There wasen't anyone else on the river or on the small lake .
Most of the boats were still in dry dock and the fish cleaning station was closed for the season , I kinda hoped it would be open by now .
The weather cleared up some today but I don't think pushing my luck with the ribs would be a good idea just yet , maybe by this weekend for sure .
I haven't been out for mushrooms but figure they should be prime picking by thursday in my area .
I have to get over to the first green to start collecting some bait soon .
I did see a few turtles crossing the road these last few days , a couple boxes and a painted . Can't wait to see a few snappers .
How are you guys doing ?
[signature]
Have mercy, iffen we aint gonna have to get you one of them big giant plastic bubbles to rome around in. Your fallin apart on us man! [shocked]

You better get rid of that rabbits foot and have some one get you another one. and for fishing's sake, ya gotta take better care of your self... How in stergeons name do you expect me to meet up with ya on the river some where if your layin in bed in slings...[:p] Thats some rough streek your rollin on...

fer sure them was some hellasious winds. they came a swoopin in on us over at proud lake, bring pea size hale. the river was full of peeps, anglers and canoers a like, and the water temps were a fashionable 39*.

EMS was waitin on the river bank lookin for floaters,
[signature]
we all doing fine..were you at the barrel hole or the bridge..havnt been there since last fall..any steelies still hanging out..
[signature]
well..you going to share the story of the cracked ribs??.they make you wear a girdle to protect them[laugh]
[signature]
I'm not familiar with the barrel hole . I fished the bridge that has the reeds all around it east of pentwater ,looks like a great area for duck hunting .
Then the bridge that is a little further up river near the old barn .

A little up river from the barn is a pretty steep bank , watch your step on that bank , it's slippery in the rain [Image: happy.gif].
[signature]
I fished this week and last weekend...
[signature]
Are you doing some re-con for saturday ?
[signature]
oh man is that this weekend>?
[signature]
you park just past the bridge with all the reeds around it and follow the path through the marshon the south side of the road that takes you to the barrel hole on the curve..the bridge im talking about is on the next road about a mile down..the lake is on the west side river on the east side..never went up river..
[signature]