Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I"VE GOT IT!! I'VE GOT IT!!!!
I was in San Clemente this past weekend and i fished a little bit. I mostly fished the peirs. I didnt have any of those little curly-tailed jigs with me so I had to find a tackle shop close by to get them from. I found a place called the Jig-stop in Dana Point. I got my little jig thingy-ma-bobs, and i thought i'd check out the real jigs...haha. I was looking through them remembering that aaron couldnt find a certain one, the salas 7x lite in green and white swirl.

well..... I FOUND IT!!! haha[laugh][laugh][laugh]! well i think i did. the green is a darker green...kind of an olive green color and it looks like it was painted over white and somebody took a toothpick and just screwed up the paint job.
however, all they had were the salas 7x lite jr. its a little bit smaller. but pretty much the same. good enough....

well just thought i'd rub it it. only 5.99!

joe
[signature]
Thats ok Joe,

I have a prototype SALAS 5X that Mark Romero sent me from the owner of Salas himself[Tongue] and...........

Im going to be first Deck on the Victory this summer 5 days a week!! Thursday, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.........

Im going to make BANK this summer!

Aaron
[signature]
hey aaron....you might be able to order it from jig-stop on the internet. or you could even go down there. it's only an hour away.

haha...come to think of it, that would be an hour drive just to buy a jig. haha!

joe
[signature]
did you end up catching anything??

hahahahahaha!

Aaron
[signature]
I ended up getting 2 halibut, the biggest being 19" the other was 16", a baby white seabass( i think), and a surf perch. I got all of these from a peir...thats all they had to fish from. no jetties, no nothing. oh well.

I think they were seabass because they had the black bars on them. I tried to tell people that because they were keeping them and they were only 12-16 inches long. but they just kept saying,"shut up you stupid kid, this is a spotfin croaker. I catch these all the time. Dont tell me how to fish, you are only 12 years old!"

I flipped on of the guys off i was so mad[mad][mad][mad]!

joe
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

12 yrs old!!!![Tongue] It probably was a spotfin though!! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh] [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you work last weekend? hahahhaaaaaaaa! ha!

Aaron
[signature]
well.. i was looking at pictures of the spotfins, and they didnt have the bars. I dont know. I dont care. haha[sly]

I'll sell you my jig! 8.99![Wink][laugh][laugh][laugh]!!funny stuff!

joe
[signature]
No,

Its just that this one is the first ever made!![cool] Joe, I found them for myself and I also found the color in a 5X (YELLOWTAIL HERE I COME!) Im goin on the CHUBASCO III on Saturday Night to fish the Seabasstards and Yellow's![Tongue]

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Aaron
[signature]
does that boat only go out on charters or can you buy tickets for it whenever you want? isn't that the little six-pack boat?

joe
[signature]

Hey dh tubinaaron,

Good Luck, I had a blast at Catalina today and will go again today. No breezing yellows where I was though.

Oh ya, be careful, if any White Sea Bass are reading this board they might not bite you-know-who's line if they feel they're being called nasty names. ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
hey Ron

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..........

Did you limit out??

Aaron
[signature]

Hey dh tubinaaron,

I'm not going on the overnighters so I'm just limiting out on Calicos and Barracuda. I've become skilled at dumping yellows too. Lots of firecrackers mixed with better fish.
The bite just keeps on going, and going, and going.....

As you know, there's so much bait in the water that it's just amazing. Hour by hour it changes from bait to softbaits to jigs to ........

I don't keep fish myself so I don't have the motivation to do overnighters like some who are fishing for stocking the freezer. To each his own. To me catching a WSB or YT on a 1/2 or 3/4 day boat is more of a challenge than a 5 to 5'er or overnighter.

JapanRon
[signature]
Ron,

Don't dump the Yellows if you feel you have too many!(LOL)!!

Ohhh I know what it is, you're leaving a few for me right??

Mike on the Victory caught a 20lbr on Wednesday. Ate the jig 10 feet from the boat. Im goin out Saturday night to look for the elusive CAT seabass and Yt.

The bite slowed today and the weather is whacked out, sooooooo, who knows whats going to happen. The sun came out today and I think that the fish are afraid of the light after it being overcast for the last MONTH![mad]

Im goin to be working: Thursd, Friday, Saturdays, sundays and mayb even mondays[crazy]!

Come out and fish with us next week!![Wink]

See you on the boat,

Aaron

Big and small kill em all!
[signature]