Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antero is on Fire!!!!
we decided to hit antero for the first time in alot of years. got there around 8am and parked above the north boat ramp to a cold WINDY day. i tried my flyrod for a while but got frustrated with the wind so switched to hardware and power bait. the old man was the first to get one, a dandy 2lb brown on a yellow w/black dot spinner. i decided to put on some power bait. i cast out with some rainbow power bait and went to pull in a little slack from my line and then felt it tug back, sure enough, a 4lb rainbow.

i missed two more fish and dad landed another nice rainbow that came close to three pounds. the wind is what blew us off the lake around 11 am. talked to two older gentleman, they happened to catch two rainbows on power bait also, but not even remotely close to the size of the ones we caught. water started to stain along shire, out to about 50 feet from it, so i waded until waist deep to cast.

water temp: cold as hell
water clarity: decent, after your 50 feet from shore.
wind: howling like a dog

game warden said boats will be allowed on antero starting this comming saturday, but that dident stop two boats passing us. neeless to say they werent out there long. a few float tubers, but once the wind really started going, they were off. enjoy
[signature]
Very nice fish!! I'm glad to hear someone is getting out! Glad you're having fun while you're home.

I haven't given up on a trip with you, kochanut. Everything has just gotten really busy all of a sudden. On Saturday it will be a month since I last fished! [mad] I try to never let that happen. [:/]
[signature]
hey don. i leave friday for my annual lake powell trip with the family. after that the 9th and 10th im fishing with a buddy from iraq, the 15th through the 17th im fishing the blue mesa tourney. and finally on the 14th im taking a guided trip down the dream stream, i really need to know how to fish that creek. anyway, if you have any free time inbetween there, let me know, preferably the 18th through the 21st. take a look at your schedule, let me know when your free and ill PM you the old mans cell phone. remember i have access to an 18 foot tracker that has a top and a kicker for trolling if you want to teach me how to get those big lakers, any where your willing to go!
[signature]
It looks like we need to shoot for the 19th or 20th as I'm in Seattle from the 21st until the 25th.
[signature]
im getting ready to leave for lake powell right this second, when i get back check your PM's!
[signature]