Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
raystown stripers
i would like to fish for stripers but never did.i need any info on striper fishing.w i would fish any lake to try to catch a decent striper so info on any lake in pa would be great

thanks happy fishing[cool]
[signature]
Hey walleyenut, welcome to the forum! glad to have you. I fish raystown once in a while but i try to stay away from there in the summer months due to all the pleasure boating nuts. I fish there and do really well for bass and i do get some striper but i am not targeting them. so i cant really give you any info on how to catch those guys. I will say that when i did catch them i was using a yum money minnow. other than that you are on your own. I plan on getting a new bigger boat next year and when i do i will be targeting these big boys. My dad fished for them all the time when i was just a glimmer in his eye and he did really well at raystown. He has lots of pictures. So i plan on him showing me all the ropes there. Well good luck with your stripers when you go. Don't forget to take pictures and post them here!
[signature]
I fished Raystown once with a charter. He went out real early and used a cast net to fill his hold with native golden shiners, BIG ONES. We hooked them up through the lip and trolled them. From what I understand, this is one of the most effective ways to catch stripers on Raystown.

Good luck...

-R
[signature]
thanks ifo the info i will try to throw net some golden shiners
happy fishing
[signature]
I am gonna hit the lake from 6-7 to 6-13...I hope to get into some nice fish...coming from Colorado with my brother and nephew.
[signature]
i am going to try to go a few times.hopefully one time before that i will leave you know how i do also i might go to colorado hunting this fall if i can draw a tag if so i might see you about suggustions about a few fishing spots
thank you happy fishing[cool]
[signature]
let me know where you draw and i will try to get you to some good CO fishing...the fall can be amazing fishing in CO!
[signature]
Another way to catch em @ raystown. The local B&T sell trout for this fishing. Ya pick a "fishy" looken point and beach your boat on it, then liveline the trout. Any noise will spook em, no props, no bangen the boat, i sugest getting out. (ya could bank fish if ya ken find an unoccupied point, but the unocupied points prob don't produce)
The crowds are a nightmare at this lake
[signature]
thanks for the info i will try it out
[signature]