Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high watter steelhead..
went to my favorite spot to steelhead fish tonite..watter was very high..i chose to fish a gravel bar thats normally knee deep and has rocks scattered across it..hook 17 fish landed 10 ..all of them on pink wiggler..they were slamin it..fished from 12 am to 3 am..no pics it was dark and doing the catch and release thing..
[signature]
Well heck yeah now thats what i call a steelhead trip. I never seen that around here but i know a couple of guy from here catch steelhead like that. so right on congrats.
[signature]
Oh yeah our steelhead season just close on the 30th so we'll all have to wait till next year. unless your impatiant like most of us and gonna fish the salmon run [Smile][Smile][Wink][cool][fishin][fishin][Image: happy.gif][Image: bobwink.gif][Image: bobwink.gif][Image: scaredworried.gif]
[signature]
this is the last big run ..lasts about a week..there all 5 to 7 pounds..hooked 8 tonite landed 4 watters coming back down..harder to locate,..
[signature]
ours never close we fish till there gone..or were sick of it..
[signature]
well we expect plenty of pictures tell the season reopens this fall
[signature]
were on the tail end of the run thell all be gone shortly..ill be waiting for you king pics..
[signature]
the run is about done hooked 3 landed 1 ,,lots of suckers..about time to put the gear up..im gona mis it..
[signature]
They always seem to leave you wanting more.
[signature]
if we could do this year around we might get board of it...i said might..
[signature]
Ya it might be horrible, and hell might be cold.
[signature]
if i had the money and time id just go to the upper pininsula..there runs from lake superior are just starting..one day ill be rich enough to chase them year around..
[signature]
Ya but when you made it big and fished them all year your better half would divorse you for fishing every day and take half your stuff then you would be back were you started.[:/]
[signature]
you know ive heard that for the past 18 years,,i know shes only bluffing..
[signature]