Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
original chatter bait
Fists off how do you rig your chatter bait lure? With a swivel or maybe just a Palomar knot. With or without sinkers?
Also what kind of retrieve do you execute.....fast and steady like a crank bait or jerky like a jig?

[signature]
I tie directly to the assembled swivel they come with and add no weight. I fish it like a spinner more or less. Cast out and reel back in. I caught an 8# rainbow last spring on a chartreuse one and a tiger musky about 10 minutes later.[cool]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]I'll second that of LH2. BTW you can regulate depth by working it slowly, at a moderate rate, or crank the reel handle as fast as you can.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the advise guys. I usually retrieve it fast enough that I can feel the vibration. Another question i have is, do you always use the the soft plastic that comes with them? If you do why don't they come already on? Whats the advantage of sliding on on? Every online pic I have seen of Chatter Bait has the already on.[:/]
[signature]
The Chatterbait has a snap on the blade. Tie your line directly to the snap. You can slow roll it, burn it, steady retreive, or just jig it. It really works. The Bass southern regional at Wheeler was just won on a Chatterbait. It's become a go to bait!

Bazzman
[signature]
I put all different kinds of plastics on them. The white 2-legged ones go right into the kids tackle box. I use Maniac Salt Sticks or Cuttr's as a trailer. I have also tied some up with maribou and other fake stuff and they are amazing in the water.[Wink]
[signature]