Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to float tube
Where can I float tube in souther california, fresh or salt. live near L.A.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi Mark - there are lots of place to float tube however, the closets body of water to you appears to be Puddingstone Reservoir. Check out Google for locations closer to you. Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Where abouts are you in LA? Do you have an exact city name?? There are so many places to fish. I fish both fresh and salt in the float tube.[cool]
[signature]
I live in baldwin park about two miles from santa fe dam, tubing there on sat, hopfuly my new odc 420 arrives by then. If not I will use my old belly boat.
[signature]
newport has some great tube fishing try around the bait reciver and dave's locker or around the mored boats for some bay bass.. same with longbeach around the queen marry or the maney man made islands or the edge or the brake wall.. or if ya dont mind the drive silverwood is good as well..
[signature]
Ok. Yeah. Santa Fe and Puddingstone are the closest to you. Santa Ana River Lakes would be the next closest. Everything else is a little drive but some of them are worth it.

The closest decent Saltwater would be Long Beach area. Cherry Beach seems to be the best for launching. The catching is good there too.[cool]
[signature]
how far of a drive, im willing to go if its that good. Have not tried the ocean yet, little worried about that.
[signature]
Santa Ana River lakes would be about 15 to 20 minutes for you. That is a Pay to Play lake but they do have some nice fish in there.

Castaic would be more like 1 hour drive heading north on the 210 freeway. Take that to the 5 and continue for 12 more miles. Exit Lake Hughes road and follow the signs to Castaic.

You would need to practice tubing on a windy lake before attempting saltwater. We can get together sometime when I am back in town. I can show you some of the safety factors and tips to fishing the big Salty pond in a tube.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]SARL is about 30 miles south off of the 57 and east on LaPalma. Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]