Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Cats
Was wondering if anyone does much cat fishing out of Alexander. Me and a buddy have been fishing it the last couple of days and can catch everything but the cats. Have heard some good reports from other guys but have not found the right hole yet apparently. We have been fishing the second bridge alot. Any input would be appreciated.
[signature]
I have not been out in that area, but I do a good amount of cat fishing. Are you using cut bait or a paste stink bait? I found a blood catfish bait that looks like peanut-butter, and in a sponge hook it has been doing awesome! Wish I could be of more help.
[signature]
Ive gone out there a cpl of times and i found spring catfishing there is wonderful close to dark as you dare to get if you dont want to fish at dark...... if you are willing to burn some lantern oil then you sould do very well at this place... i generally use night crawlers or just liver (chicken) just below the hospital there in town you have a bridge that flows into alexander i dont remember what the river/creek is called but if you fish the bridge and towards the resevor you can do very well.... if you dont know where the hospital is just go to the grocery store and it is well marked with signs let me know how you do and hope this helps out some......good luck!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
We had been using cut sucker meat and chicken livers as well. They are dropping the lake quite a bit working on the dam or something I hear so the bridge right near the hospital was pretty shallow. Right above that bridge there were a few vehicles but didnt see much action. Think the weather might have been getting the best of us. I will have to hit it up again this weekend and see what we can muster.
[signature]