Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time Out This Season!
This weekend will be the start of my fishing season and I can't wait! I will be fishing the Chesapeake in the St. Mary's County area. (at least I think it's the Chesapeake, first time going there) I know they say there are Rock Bass or Stripers which ever one they call them and I hope they are starting to hit now. Should be pretty fun being I will be taking my best friend on his very first fishing trip ever and he hust turned 38 yesterday 05/05/09. You know I am going to have a ball talking trash to him like calling him "Rookie Lunchmeat", etc. Then again, he might have that begginers luck and out fish me! But, it will feel kinda good teaching my buddy some of the tricks of the trade and just enjoy the outdoors.

Can anyone that is familiar with fishing in this area give me any helpful tips such as best bait to use, best time to head out, kinds of fish to expect to be hitting, etc. I was out of state fishing in Ohio freshwater for 6 years (great fishin) and now it's time for me to get back into the saltwater mix again and can't wait.

Oh, by the way I am a bank or surf fisherman at the time. But, I will have a boat someday!

Good Fishin To All,

Woody Wood
[signature]