Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is crabbing and lobster season????
Hey,

I have been trying to find out when crabbing and lobster season is in california. I live in southern cal and have been really getting into fishing and crabbing but then someone told me that there is only a certain season i could catch crabs.

Also, I have been hearing that you can catch lobster off of the piers so I have been thinking about giving it a shot. But I am assuming that there is also a certain time of the year I could catch them.

Could anyone help me out please? Also if you know of any good spots to catch crab (maybe dungeness) and lobster I would love to know. thank you for your help.
[signature]
Crab season is all year long from the piers. Lobster season actually ended in the middle of March.
Lobster season opens on the first Saturday after the first full week in October and goes through the 3rd Wednesday of March.

As I mentioned, Crab season is year long. The only spot in So Cal for Dungenous Crabs is in Santa Barbara and Goleta . It is rare to see any farther south of there.

Although fishing from a public pier does not require a license except for 2 piers in Northern California, you must have a license when you are going for crab and/or lobster.[cool]
[signature]
Damn thats a total bummer that lobster season is over. So is it that there are not too many lobster out there to catch or is it that you just are not allowed to keep them?

I have been waiting to go catch lobster for a while now so thats a total bummer.

But thank you tubeN2 for all your help. I really appreciate it.
[signature]
They have is closed now since it is Lobster march and spawning season for them. There will be plenty more for October. [cool]
[signature]