Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and reel
First of all, Go Raiders!<br><br>Secondly, thanks fellas for the advice. Price is kind of a concern at the moment since 1) its my first bait-casting reel, and 2) I figured on practicing with a moderately priced one before eventually upgrading to a good one (I'm definitely into the sport of fishing for the long haul).<br><br>Are there any concerns I should be aware of in terms of the seasons? I'm assuming calico's and sand bass are pretty much year round and so are rock fish, but will the seasons make any major differences in terms of the reels and the types of fish?<br><br>I'll look into the lure swap and definitely into the other message boards for tips on bait-casters. I'll also look into the Daiwa line of reels. Thanks again for the tips.<br><br>

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and r - by MasterJigBuilder - 09-08-2001, 04:05 AM
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and r - by Capt_Dan_Kauai - 09-08-2001, 08:02 AM
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and reel - by kingboj - 09-10-2001, 05:16 PM
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and reel - by MasterJigBuilder - 09-10-2001, 10:15 PM
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and reel - by MasterJigBuilder - 10-01-2001, 06:07 PM
Re: Tips on buying my first bait-casting rod and reel - by gvanzant - 09-27-2001, 06:57 PM