Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hottest new fishing rods not yet on the market.
I just got the chance to test out one of the hottest new fishing rods not yet out on the market.

it is a one peice costom BigFishTackle.com 30# trolling rod.

I took it out to Lake St. Clair yesterday to try out on the walleye. and what a treat that was. not only did I manage to haul in the walleye I managed to out fish all of the other anglers on that puddle of water yesterday, I had caught my limit in 2 hours and was playing catch and release for the next 2 hours while every one else tryed to catch up. I nearly got thrown out of the boat....lol

Using this deap sea trolling rod by placing the handle under my arm and holding the end of the slow action rod up when the walleye strikes a simple lift of my rod hand and the hook was set. vary few slip offs if any this day for me,

you want proof of the puddin?

ok here it is.... [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1741360.jpg][/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1753004.jpg][/center] [left]the best part of using this rod is if one of them mean 50 year old dinosaurs grab my hook I dont have to worie about what is going to give first, no doubt it will be me.....[/left] [left]I hear that posibly soon you too will be able to get your hands on one of the 3 verieties of BigFishTackle.com costom rods. thay are sharp if nothing else. you will be the best dressed fisherman on the water with one of these clasics.[/left] [center]I will post a picture of my rod soon [/center]
[signature]
[Smile][Tongue] Nice catch Dave !!!!!!
[signature]
Hello Dave,

Glad to hear your putting your rod to the test! They will be available on the site in the next week or so. Keep your eye on:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bigfish_gifts.htm"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bigfish_gifts.htm[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Awesome catches! Can't wait to see how long I'll hafta save up before I can afford the new rod!
[signature]
now you can go here and find out...

[size 1]New BFT Gift Shop [/size]

[size 1]We've launched the all new Gift Shop.[/size]

[size 1]with some hot new items and we were able to bring prices down considerably on some of our standard items as well...[/size]

[size 1]Check it out at....[/size]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bigfish_gifts.htm"][size 1]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bigfish_gifts.htm[/size][/url][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
[center]3 thirty-inch carp[/center] [center]12 pounds apiece[/center] [center]Forth of July 2003[/center] [center]Kent Lake Milford MI[/center] [center]At sun down[/center] [center]Well the day started out with a horrible rumble and 70 mile an hour winds. I awoke just in time to get the truck loaded when the wind hit and minutes after the wind the thundering and lightning and some light rain accompanying the torrential winds.[/center] [center]Kevin and I hooked up about 1.30 and headed out to Kensington park for some fancy carp fishing and watch the fire works, we arrived at the park about 2.30 after several store stops along the way. Pulling in our hearts sank when we found that the fire works would not be going off till Sunday. We were already there, so we ventured on in only to find our fishing hole closed of to those of us who don’t have sailboats. We ventured around the lake in an attempt to find a fishing spot. And it seemed that all my favorite holes were taken. We did manage to find an empty picnic table near the lake, so we opted for that.[/center] [center]We managed to get our lines in about 3.30 we sat there for a couple hours with out a bite. The problem we were having was all the paddleboat, kayaks, canoe and rowboat traffic. Not to mention the kids wading in a no swimming area. Tolerating the situation, we pulled out the small gear to mess around a bit to see if there was any thing else in the water.[/center] [center]Immediately I started pulling in stunted gills of various types. Kevin was not having much luck. I saw he was getting hits, but being the first time fishing for him in years, another fishing trip or two I am sure he will start hauling them in like a pro. This did not help the situation much in that he was getting frustrated with me for catching the stunted gills and he was not having any luck.[/center] [center]by about sundown I had managed to catch about 15 six inch gills and threw them back in to the drink. The wind that was maintaining a 20-mile an hour pace started to lie down. I switched from red worm to a rooster tail in hopes that I would catch a bass or two before I ran out of light.[/center] [center]About 6 casts with the rooster tail I saw what appeared to be dorsal fins sticking above the waters crest about 30 feet out from shore. I eminently switched back to the big guns and with in seconds I had hooked in to my first freight train. It took me about 10 minutes to land him after he had made 7 runs at which time I had drawn in a crowd of spectators, at a glance I would say there was about 40 on lookers cheering and clapping seeing a Big Fish Landed. They all gathered around to get a close up look at the big orange monsters, the young kids about 7 and younger got up real close and wanted to touch the slimy critter.[/center] [center]Eminently after putting him on the stringer I got right back out on the water on got my line in, Kevin had to baby sit the table because he was afraid that some one might liberate us of our gear as the onlookers was still hanging around to see if I was going to hook in to another one real soon. the next train took off ten minutes later, he was landed in about 7 minutes. More onlookers came around to see this haul. [/center] [center]I dropped my line back in and waited about 5 minutes for the third freight train. About 5 minutes in to the battle of this one the park ranger came around and gave his first warning for every one to vacate the park. Announcing that any one still in the park after 10.pm would be ticketed. It took another 5 minutes to get this one landed when he gave his second warning, Kevin was scurrying to get every thing loaded while I was bring in the last fish. We barely got in to the truck and moving when we were tailed out of the park. (Being we were one of the last people out, even park workers wanted to go home while there was still a little 4th of July party time left.)[/center] [center]My terminal hook up was 20-pound test Trilene with a 10 pound test maximum. As for the bait, I will never tell. (A Juicy worm lol)[/center] [center]The rod of choice is the Big Fish Classic 30# trolling rod available at the BFT Gift Shop here at this site.[/center] [center]I fished on the bottom of the lake.[/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=116;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=117;][/center] [center]Well this rod will hold up to Freight Trains, these three were landed in under 45 minutes from each other ! ! ![/center]
[signature]
Beautiful fishies you have there. Can I borrow your new rod for a while?
[signature]
this rod is turnning in to my pride and joy. meaning you can look at it but dont touch. lol wouldnt want my luck to rub off [sly]
[signature]
I have been using one of these rods very extensivley the last two months. I have the 6' 6" medium bait casting rod. Its a great rod for Large mouth and small mouth bass. An excellent rod for hybrid striped bass. Maybee a bit much for panfish, but it does very well on toad bluegills. Rainbow, cutthroat and brown trout love this rod. Not recomended for lake trout in the 15 plus pound range. Hee Hee. But it willl land them. I am proof of that. It has good sensitivity, a nice feel in your hand, and until the rod tip felll off, it was in my arsenal of rods that went out on every trip. Once I get the tip epoxyed back on, it will be back in the arsenal.
[signature]
I think the rod tips are hot glued on, but like you, I to like to use foxy poxy on my rod tips. the down side to it is you have only one chance to get it on streat then it is a perminate fixture.

they use hot glue stick so the tips can be replaced when needed. same material that they use on your arrow noc's and head screw receiver.
[signature]