Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
[Smile] I'm kinda new to this, but not new to fishin'. I fish all types of freshwater fish. Northern Pike and Walleyes are my favorite. From yellow perch to lake trout and salmon to smallmouth bass. I love them all. Open water to ice fishing. The season is about to open up soon in the north. Hope ya have a successful and fun season. Bring a kid and pass it on.
[signature]
with that login name youve gotta be an upper..im curious how there doing on wallies in lake gogebic..if your aroud there..
[signature]
I'm east of there. And north. Northern Houghton County. Also known as the copper country. The walleye opener is the 15th here. Where ya located? Right now the rainbow or steelhead are going. It's snowing right now! It's gotta warm up or the opener may not be so hot. They got some big perch on Gogebic this past winter.
[signature]
im from west middle lower pininsula..my brother in law is from besimer mi..i also have some freinds about 5 miles east of lake gogebic..i get up ther a few times a year to fish ..i wata hit the saint marys river when the steelies get in there good..done once had a blast..i know they should be there pretty soon..the masquito should be good right now..info would be good..
[signature]
I never fished there, but they should be in there right now. Too damn cold for bugs just yet. Pretty soon though. Once things begin to happen they happen quick. It's been a very long winter here and we're looking forward to fishing in warm weather.
[signature]
yep ..thats the u.p..do you still have snow on the ground..are they ice fishing yet on any lakes..
[signature]
Ice fishing has been over for about a month now. The lakes are open. Our lake opened on the 22nd of April. There's a little snow in the valleys yet, where the sun don't get to. The grass is getting green. We just had a stretch of warmth in the 70's but, it just ended the last couple of days. Anything going on down there? I got a friend in Midland.
[signature]
steelies are done bluegills starting to bed..been finding mushrooms for about 3 weeks..im from west mich.. grand rapids area..if this helps..
[signature]
stop in at michigan forum and say hi..alot off goop people here..they might be helpfull..
[signature]
Soap town! No mushrooms here for awhile yet. Steelies are in now. Just got to get time off to go them. No crappies yet either. I want to get out to go perch fishin too. They should be around about now. The big ones! This cold front put things on hold for a little while. The smelt just ended thier run a week ago. We're a lot later than you guys. 7 months of cold and/ or winter.
[signature]
ineed to get layed off..id make more money and i could head up ther and fish steelies..our run just finished and miss it already..
[signature]
Yup! Only a fisherman would think that way. " I need to get laid off so I could fish more". Aren't we a crazy bunch!
[signature]
fishermans dream..fish every day.. and have a wife who tolerates it...oh yea catch fish too..
[signature]
hiya yooperman and welcome to the site..

in case you have not found it yet here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]Freshwater forum[/url]..

MacFly
[signature]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi Yooperman and welcome to the ranks of our membership. As Mac mentioned why don't you all pop over to the Freshwater scene to continue your conversation. BTW those are one crazy looking waders or whatever.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. Hope ya catch the BIG one this year!
[signature]