Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many fishing poles do you have?
Add the types of rods too.
[signature]
lets see..2 flyrods..6 peir poles ..4 bluegill rods..3 ultralight trout rods..1 spey rod..i think thats it..this is info the wife doesnt even know...
[signature]
hey this is a great post..ive gotto ad on my ice fishing rods might put me over 15 ohwell
[signature]
I got 2 fly rods, 2 graphite Walleye rigs, 1 trolling rod,1 monster Pike rod,1 Bass rod,1 all purpose spinning rod,5 tip-ups,5 assorted ice fishing rods, 1 pack rod. There's a few.
[signature]
do you ice fish for walleyes or bluegills or both..i relize the tip ups are for pike...
[signature]
I mostly ice fish for BIG northerns. But, I also fish for Walleyes, and perch. Walleyes can be somewhat spotty in the lake I fish. In the winter, I mean. Not very consistant. Perch are just good eating no matter where ya get 'em.
[signature]
its hard to find a good perch lake..dont have alot of them here..mostly bluegills..perch are the best eating..got any good brokie fishing up there..
[signature]
Not really. Mostly small streams. The new regulations on Brook trout streams are kinda rediculus. Some have a 15 inch minimum size. You'll never catch one to keep. I usually fish my same little creeks early like this and get enough for a meal. It's what ya do early when fishing starts up. When it warms up and the bugs take over, well that's the end of Brook trout fishing. Nowadays the ticks are bad too. Our rivers and creeks are different than what ya find downstate. But, they're not as crowded either.
[signature]
i have actualy fished some of the small streams up that way for brookies..there usually small but good eating..black flies are horrible though..i go up by houghton about 3 times a year..great place for partrige..snowshoes..and deer hunting..but the terrains pretty wild.your right not quite like here..
[signature]
[cool] Now, your in my neck of the woods! The preditors are really taking their toll on the small game here. The coyotes are getting really close to town. The wolves are pushing them out of the deer areas. Where I deer hunt there was rabbits everywhere 15 years ago. I haven't seen a track in the last ten. Our Deer herd has really been reduced the last couple of years. We had two really bad winters in a row and the wolves are just decemating our herd. Last year was the first year I haven't got my buck in almost 20 years. I've had coyotes behind the house the last three years. That was unheard of before. We spotted lots of deer carcasses this spring ,while fishing. If we didn't have Deer feeding programs here, there wouldn't be any deer at all. You can talk to anyone around here and you'll get the same story. Nobody believes the DNR, when they say they just migrated here. I got a good story about this, but I don't think there is enough room here.
[signature]
i still have freinds and[in law]family up that way thats who i go up there to visit..i here the same story your telling me..the partrige hunting is horribble.me and my dad were up there snowshoe hunting 2 months ago got two in 3 days..and those big racks they used to get in the hill country by lake superior are hard to find..i didnt hunt up there last year ..but i heard the stories..and seen the results..kill as many as you can and a few for me..
[signature]
ive got two 10' salmon rods 1 9' steelhead rod 2 7' all purpose spinning rod 1 7' heavy rod i use for big pike and 4 light action rods i use for every from small stream trout to perch and gills
[signature]
I got a 9' steelhead rod one for all and two baitcasters.
[signature]