Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/C Question
I'm a fairly handy guy, but I really don't know the first thing about home A/C systems and I'm having a problem; maybe some one with a little more knowledge can point me in the direction of the solution. My problem is the heat exchanger (small radiator looking unit that sits above the fan with the copper tubing running in and out) keeps freezing up solid and not allowing the air to pass through and into the ducting system. The house is about 5 years old and it has always been an issue a couple of times each summer, maybe once a month or so in the past and the problem was usually attributed to a dirty air filter or an extremely hot day causing it to run constantly. This spring however it has already frozen up 5 or 6 which is almost every day that it has run.
I have already changed the filter and I think that my system is near or slightly under sized for my home, but it has worked for the most part over the past 5 years. I've got no problem paying a professional to come out and deal with a problem, but I don't even know if I have a problem. Does any one have any suggestions or advice?
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=fshslyer36"]Fshslyer36[/url] use to be in the AC/heating business, I'm not sure what he is doing now but he might be able to answer your question. Good luck, I hope it is an easy fix for you.
[signature]