Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer
I like that Hummingbird side imaging but I have not been able to get it to work in the sonar mode while up on plane. I did find soft ware to work with the images on my computer and installed a 2 gig chip in the unit so it should record. It is quite a process getting screen shots from the unit to a form I can display but I think I have it figured out. I do need my old transducer back. Shane give me a call. But anyway we are going out tomorrow and hope to catch some crappie at Willard. I want to get some images of the road along the west dike to show. The wheel ruts are still visible on them. One thing I have learned is just because you can see the fish doesn't mean they will bite. But on the other hand the fish in Willard Bay really do tend to concentrate more in certain areas and those areas seem to move some. The fact that the lake is full has changed every thing. But hopefully I will get some images out there of some of the bottom structures in the lake. Also please if you can, support the DAV fishing event. Its not a tournament or anything like that. But a great opportunity to have a BFT get together and have some fun. Share that with someone who really deserves to be taken fishing.
[signature]
Is your transducer in your prop wash ? If so it will not show image.
[signature]
The nozzle on the pump is well behind the transducer. The side imaging works as advertised. Up to 5-6 mph then the side image starts to go away. The sonar drops off as I get going on plane. I have a reverse chine that throws a lot of air in the water. The lowrance transducer is quite a bit smaller and sat out on the side near the chine. It functioned on plane. That is important on the Snake River as it is real murky in places and when the sonar says its less than a foot deep its time to take a guess at sliding back over the channel for some more water. I may check in on some of the jet boat forums and see if they have any words of wisdom on getting the thing to read depth on plane. Thanks
[signature]
I have a Humminbird 798cSI on my Northwest Jet Lightning 218. I get normal high-speed fuzzies, but can easily track the bottom all the way up to about 50mph. I've got a prop version of the boat, but none-the-less the standard side-imaging transducer will work at high-speed if you get it mounted right. My hull is probably a deeper-v than yours (18 degrees) without the reverse chines. I had to go with dual transducers because I've got an extended transom that blocks the side imaging views. I've got the transducers mounted about 8 inches from edges of the bottom of the hull. They're mounted deep enough that I get a bit of a rooster tail. The port transducer only does the port side imaging. Everything else is done by the starboard transducer so I don't think the dual transducers are giving me any advantage on plane.

Make sure the back edge of the transducer is a bit deeper than the front and then keep lowering the transducer until you start tracking the bottom.
[signature]
I have a 787 ci it is one model below the side imager and i have the same problom were it tracks bottom at low speed but at high speed it loses the botom. the transducer should track up th 70 mph. The transducer is mounted as low as possible in fact it allready throws a rooster so if i go any lower the rooster will get way worse.
So if you find any good info on how to solve this little delema we seem to share if you would be so kind as to pass on what you learn i will do the same.[fishin]

<"(((((((((><(
[signature]
Thanks for the info. The unit works great except for the on plane issue. I am reluctant to put the transducer any deeper as I go up in the river where there is lots of debrie in the water. I know it is suppose to kick up but I really dont think it will survive a hit from a stump or a rock. I already moved it just to the side of the delta pad to get it to see under the pump. The transducer is upwards of $200 so I figure I can run my old unit for up on plane. We are going up to hit the Snake River in a couple weeks and with all the high water there will be lots of wood in the water to run over.
[signature]