Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout magnets
Alright I bought the 85 piece neon pack of these, I get bites like crazy, but I'm sure they r just picking at the tail part cause when I set my hook, nothing. I followed exactly what they site says to do, I saw a guy catch 13 trout within a few hours using these. What could I be doing wrong? Or was it just an unlucky day? What colors have you had most success with? Any info would be great.
[signature]
Hey, man. I love the trout magnets. I use them mostly for pan fishing, but I really do think they work great. I also went to their web site and watched the videos to learn how they work and how to work them! I do not have any water to fish like the river they fish in the video. I use mine mostly in a still water lake locally. I cast them out and try to get the float set to have the bait just above the bottom and let it settle abit and then "twitch" it back to the pontoon. I catch a lot of crappie and sunfish and once in a while a small bass.

Funny thing is that I have caught a lot of different fish with them and I have never caught a trout on a trout magnet!

I have a fishing pal who uses them without the float, just jigging them across the bottom and he has good success.

You asked about color and I use the chartreuse to start the day usually and then I switch to black or brown and sometimes white depending on the amount of sun and clouds and what the fish happen to be biting on.

Good luck to you and remember that the best way to find success with any bait/lure is to use it a lot!
[signature]
Kind of sounds like you need to wait till they get more of it in their mouth. Dont try to set the hook so soon. Let them go for a second or two and then set the hook.
[signature]
Hey guys, My pal and I went out from 11-3 today and we killed it with these trout magnets! We both threw on a white magnet and every cast at least 2 bites. All in all we caught 9, only kept 6 cause of limit. I don't think I'll ever fish without these just amazing. We would of had more, but keeping a tight line and allowing it to float downstream is tough. People around us were just blown away asking us our secrets. If your just getting into trout fishing, these are a must try. Follow what they say and you should have no problems.
[signature]
I have nothing but success with the magnet this year alone I have cought over 200 trout of all sizes with that thing. the best bet to set the hook is when you see a fish trailing stop flicking the rod and let it gab. it works for me.
[signature]
alright, well i tried fishing the orange one, but got no luck...i don't if it's because i'm using it wrong or I picked the wrong color...what whould you say murky/cloudy water is? Because i can see basically 1 foot...maybe 1 1/2 feet or more into the water until nothing...so is the orange the right color?
[signature]
I've had days where it's like fish aren't even there. I don't find trout fishing as eventful this late into the season. Seems to me the water is to warm and they are less active or just not there. I'd recommend getting the big pack of magnets and switching between colors. If one isn't getting anything after 10 min or so, switch it up.
[signature]
hmm..ok thanks for the advice!
[signature]
if your talking fishing in the river..latter in the year as the watter warms up..ive had alot better luck in the riffles and faster watter..seems to hold more oxygen..meaning more fish..never fished a pond for trout..
[signature]
As lurtch said, are you pond/ale or river/stream fishing? I've never had success pond fishing with trout magnets. If you are doing pond/lake I'd suggest live bait or getting a rapala/shiner. If it's river/stream, like I said try different colors and get some floats/florocarbon. Many people think the florocarbon makes no difference, but if you ask my friend who was using same setup as me(light weight pole,4 lb test, white trout magnet) I had about 20" of FC leader line and I caught 5-6 that day. He caught none until he switched over.

http://www.trekadvertising.com/?ref=20122
Sorry for posting it here, but it's been making me some money. All you have to do is sign up and I get money you can do the same.
[signature]
well i'm more of a river fisherman. so next time i go out i'll get some FC leader line...but anyways...What would you guys say murky or cloudy water is? if you can't see more than a foot deep of water?
[signature]
its caused by high watter and runoff pushing upstream sediment and mud down river..you might want to try live bait or spinners in this situation.spinner for increased flash and visibility..and live bait ..becouse alot of worms and other critters are getting washed downstream with the high watter ..
[signature]
ooo ok. Thanks for all the help! [Smile]
[signature]
you probly new about the high watter thing..not trying to insult you intelegence..just thought id put it out there..
[signature]
haha well you got it right...
[signature]