Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how is the fishing up there in maine???
[pirate][font "Arial Narrow"][size 3]Hello DaveTClown,[/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3] How have you been? Thanks for the sentiments, I appreciate it. Though I have been away for a little while, I ain't dead yet, not by a long shot. The fishing up here in Maine has been excellent, both fresh water and salt. My preference is saltwater, but I catch my share of Lake Trout, Brookies, Smallmouths, etc. Since Atlantic Salmon are protected up here, I don't target them, but I do try and catch Landlocked Salmon, especially at Lake St. George. Caught a 23" one there about 3 weeks ago. Boy, did he taste good that night! [/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3] Lately, when I have had a chance to fish on the coast or in the Kennebec River, I have mostly been targeting Stripers. Of all the Stripers I have caught this season so far, only 2 have been keepers, with the others all being outside of the slot limit. I have been catching most og them on Mackeral chunks. The Macs have been very abundant this season, except of course when the Bluefish are in the area. When Macs sense Bluefish in the area, they tend to run for the hills.That's how I know it's time to switch to targeting Blue's. I usually catch enough Macs to keep some for dinner, and then I turn the rest into a blender puree and freeze it into a homemade chum bucket. It helps to attract the Blue when the are in the area. Since I don't have a boat, I usually fish from shore or from docks and piers. Hanging the chum bucket into the water off the side of the dock or pier helps to bring the Blue's within range to target them with Mackeral chunks. I've caught anumber of Blue's this way this summer.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3] Well, that's enough of my rattling on for now, but keep in touch. I will! Take care, and tight lines Amigo![/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3] [pirate] Ye 'Ol JollyRoger [pirate][/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DH_tubinjoe] how is the fishing up there in maine??? - by JollyRogerTcbo1 - 08-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Re: [davetclown] how is the fishing up there in maine??? - by JollyRogerTcbo1 - 08-05-2003, 03:06 AM