Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report - morning June 19
Just got back from Willard. Fished from about 6:00 a.m. until about 11:00 a.m. We tried everywhere at the south end. The light pole, the island, the south west corner, the south east corner; and we caught nothing. Better than being at work, but a slow day fishing. I am real curious to hear how anyone else did this morning. We saw a few other boats (maybe some of you), but didn't notice any one having success either. It was pretty windy the whole time. Would that have affected things?
[signature]
I have had my best fishing trips to willard when the wind was blowing,The wind out there can get bad,but I have noticed the west dike is good with a south wind,near the light pole is the best spot,The moon is still half fool,wait tell the 26th of this month and you will catch fish in the morning and during the day,if you cant wait,fish in the afternoon and evenings in the same places,I live to far away to fish the evening bite so I will wait tell after the new moon to get back out there.Did you see any of the TERNS hitting the water yet,I really want a heads up when the shad are out.Thats when the fishing will get reallly good.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
No, no signs of any birds feeding. We were actively looking for the same thing. I hope the fishing picks up soon, or it will be hard to get the boat out of the marina, the water is getting so low.
[signature]
We were out Tuesday evening and we saw a couple spots where the birds were hitting the water and we saw some beginings of boils, but it was still really light. I have never seen a boil at Willard so all I can compare to is Lake Powell. I think Polokid and I are going up tomorrow morning and we'll post the report around noon, if the fishing is not hot.
[signature]