Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drift sock
Pretty new to the tube/toon stuff,I have had my first pontoon out for two times now,still trying to get things set up the way I want. I have been pouring over all of the catalogs and wishbooks looking for boating accessories that I can adapt for use on my pontoon. About the time I came across the drift sock section in the catalog I was looking at, I was sent to replace some of the faded windsocks that are scattered around the place that I work. Yep you guessed it I had a vision! I tell you what it works like a charm, I hooked to about twenty feet of light rope, and threw it out, it did everything that I had hoped for, it was like hitting the brakes when it opened up,and held me at the same angle with the wind the full time that I was drifting and fishing. I am sure that I'm not the first to try something like this, but I have not heard mention of it before,thought that some of the rest of you might want to try out a driftsock I know that I will continue to use mine.
[signature]
ok, that sounds like a good idea.
I have used my bag anchor ( full of rocks) and that works good but
Im kinda in the same place all the time.
With your idea I can move slowly and cover some ground.
I will try it and see what happens.

Laters Peter.
[signature]
I know several who use wind socks. Appealing idea, but I hate ropes coming off my toon, even anchors at times. Fly Fishing, I prefer the movement and less chance of snagging a rope LOL
Plus I have had to chase a fish or two.
[signature]