Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Fork Sevier River
I'm planning on going to the East Fork of the Sevier in the Kingston Canyon/Black Canyon area next Tues. and Wed. i just checked the stream flows and they jumped from 75cfs to 150cfs yesterday. Does this river fish well with higher flows once it has stabilized or is my time better spent elsewhere. Any info. on fishing the river this time of the year is much appreciated. Entemology, location, etc. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Didn't make it up as high as what you are talking about, but did see the Sevier below Piute and all the feeder streams. Run-off is still slamming that area pretty good. Above Piute it might be better, like I said, didn't get that far before I gave up hope of fishing a stream. This was Friday evening. Lot's of water still coming off the mountains around there for sure.
[signature]
I'm afraid that Black Canyon will still be quite muddy. Recent storms in that area have the streams running high and muddy right now, and the forecast is calling for thunderstorms all week long. I'd expect a muddy stream in Black Canyon.

Kingston Canyon will probably be running high as well, but probably less muddy.
[signature]