Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Trip-Goldendale area help??
Hello all, I'm going to be on a work trip this next week up to Goldendale, Washington and was just wondering if anyone might have any tips or advice on fishing spots/techniques for places close to Goldendale to get some fishing in after the work day is done.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm if you don't want to post.

Thanks,
Jason
You are going to be very near one of the greatest fishing areas in the state, Northwest; the Columbia River. Mary Hill state park is just below Goldendale on the Columbia, nice park for camping, boat launch, bank fishing. Shad have started to run, a small white jig is all you need for them. There are also sturgeon, salmon, smallmouth bass, walleye and many other types of fish to catch. If you have a boat, bring it along. I'm not real familiar with that area, I usually fish about 20-30 miles east of there. The Roosevelt area has a really good state park with boat launch, bank fishing is limited unless you want to wade out, very shallow near the park.
[signature]
Thank you. I appreciate the help. I fished at Horsethief Lake the other night and caught 4 little planter rainbows 8-10" and missed a couple of others in about 2 hours of fishing--which is pretty quick fishing for me.