Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Berry" 5/23

[#0000bf]Got on the water about 7:00 am, headed to Strawberry Bay fished it for about 1 hr. with not much luck!!! Relocated over in Jakes Bay, spotted a few on the finder so I threw a marker.. and started vertical jigging, the next 3 hrs. we boated 40 + cutts. between 4 of us [Smile]. Then the wind picked up [frown], both of my anchors wouldn't hold us on the marker for very long, after a few [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]unsuccessful attemps to get them to hold [frown].. we decided to head closer to the marina.. tried for about another 45 mins. by the marina, not much luck! decided to call it a day! Not to bad of a day concidering the weather!!!! We would have done better if the wind would have not blown us off... the fish were still hitting pretty good !!!! [/#0000bf]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day despite the weather! Welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Sounds like you did better than we have there so far this year. We were going to go up there this weekend, but decided against it because of the storm. Kind of a long drive to be kicked off by a storm. Strawberry not a place you wanna be when a storm comes [laugh]. Was kinda bummed about the weather this weekend. Hopefully next weekend is better, altho reports say its suppose to start storming again sunday, hope it dont move up any days.
[signature]
How deep of water were you fishing in and how deep were the fish?
Good on ya for boating 40+ I'm heading up Monday morning.
Thanks
[signature]
We were in 25' to 27', that's where the most action came from...white 3" tubes worked the best, also used rainbow trout tubes.
[signature]
The same thing happen to me up there. I only had one anchor though, so I kept starting the boat to reposition ourselves. We caught a few, but I was getting so frustrated that we decided to troll in the Narrows to get out of the wind, but we didn't do very well there.
[signature]