Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have been waiting for this one!
Finally! After fishing the Little Susitna for over a week, we have been getting hits, but the fish have not been aggressive enough to actually hook themselves, they have just been bumping the lures, we finally got one that wasn't scared to attack.
Little Susitna King Salmon. Caught by Rocci Milligan of Wasilla, Alaska on Saturday May 23, 2009!
Weighed in at 42 LBS.

[url "http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/219996/20040827/122223.jpg"][Image: 122223.jpg][/url]

Quote:
Thanks so very much for providing me with the ultimate Alaskan frontier adventure. I am totally inexperienced when it comes to fishing for King Salmon. You took me to where the fish were. First Dan (from Texas) had a strong hit an just couldn't land it, then all of a sudden my pole dipped and then bent toward the water with great force ... it was tough landing that 40 pound Alaskan King Salmon ... but with the patience of your staff I was able to bring that beauty into the boat. Now I know why you were voted the number one charter in the Mat-Su Valley .....

Thanks for the experience of a life time!
Raquel "Rocci" Milligan
Wasilla, AK
[signature]
Awesome fish, I was wondering if anybody ever visited this site. I caught a 3.5 pound jack out of ship creek today it was fun and at least i didn't get skunked. Again though nice fish.
[signature]
I don't care what anyone says, fishing for those small jacks are FUN!!!

By the way, we got another one today. A 46 lber!

[Image: paul.jpg]
[signature]
I have only had the chance to hit ship a few times becuz of the ORI here on base. But now that its over I will be able to wet my fly line more often now. Look out 50lb, here I come!!!!!

[Wink]
[signature]
Good Luck out there. The last week has been bad to fair.
Beginning of last week was great, then petered out by Thursday. Usually there is at least a count of 75-100 a day fish on the Little Su count board, but the last few days there has been maybe 2-10 a day. Hopefully there will be a blast of Kings coming through or the sportfishing will be in big trouble, however, even with the slow returning numbers on the Kings they still allow the commercial set netters out in the Upper Cook Inlet to catch as many as they can [mad]
[signature]