Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly tying material
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Like most tyers we never seem to have the right stuff on hand to tie a new pattern. But after a while we wonder if we just might have gone over board on having the material to tie just about any pattern that tickles our fancy. So where do you stand?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
in my limited tying experience I usually buy what I need for a particular fly and keep the extra on hand.. I have by no means accumulated the amount of material that more experienced tyers have on hand but feel that if I can just sit down for a spell Id be well on my way.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I am to the point where I have had flies presented to me and the GREAT news is I have all the material to make them. It is a great place to be![laugh]
[signature]
I'm way, way, way, way overboard. I have a couple of giant cardboard boxes just full of stuff that I'll never use in my lifetime. All I will ever need again to ever tie what I need will fit into a couple of shoe boxes.

I fell into the rut 30 years ago, buying one of just about everything, and a whole bunch of things I thought I'd need for a "lifetime supply." You know, "just in case" it ever became unavailable! LOL

Its all going up for sale as a giant grab-bag soon, probably on ebay.
[signature]