Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windy Willard morning report 6-20
Well Polokid and I had a bad case of SOW virus and had to call in sick today, so what better place for a quick remedy you ask?? Well Polo and I met up to go to the doctor and make sure that everything was inline and we were in top notch health. I could tell by Polo's face that he was in desperate need of his meds. We arrived at the doctors office around 6:45 and all was calm. We started trolling right out of the South Marina heading twards the South East corner, that was a no go not even a bite. So we started along the West dike and that is trouble started...

I am not a big fan of wind, and niether is Polo, we can handle the breeze so the bugs stay away but today was down right windy. We maybe got about 30 minutes of calm nice fishing then bam windier than you could imagine.

That did not stop us though. Trolling the west dike Polo yells "Holy crap I think I hit bottom!" as linr tears off his reel. But alass, the bottom was not found, just a nice 18" wiper! So now Polo is no longer 0-4 for Willard.

After trolling half way to the light pole we decided the wind was just killing us, hard to steer the boat, no hits, just misserable, we started to head back to shore. And you guessed it when we got to the mouth of the marina the wind died down so we decide to just drift and jig. That method produced nothing but more wind for us to use. We then switched to using a jointed rapal (I used a size 7 Polo used a 9) and what do you know, Polo hooks into another one. After landing it, and finding that the first wiper had mysteriously broken free of the stringer, we decided to keep on trucking.

All in all Polo did great he landed 3 large wipers and a cut on his hand from the fireline peeling from the spool and I went home skunked from Willard, overall a good trip because I did not have to clean any fish.
[signature]
you guys must have great jobs. it seems like you make it up there 2 to 3 times per week. wish i could go more maybe about tues. i have not used firewire is it good stuff?
[signature]