Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PVC tricks....
Well I'm watching TD and others do some tricks with the pvc tubings. I have the depth/fish finder "Fishing Buddy" and it has been mostly used with the canoe. So I wanted to see how it works by putting it on with my float tube and started figuring out how it can be mounted on.
[signature]
Here is my son's buddy hook up. Ron
[signature]
Try using ABS piping instead, it is a little bit stronger. I am looking at jury rigging a motor mount for my old leigh and looking at different options.
[signature]
Bluegillman, Even though I don't use a Buddy , I am curious what the solid slug inside the PVC is.
That could be usefull to know at some point. Illinoisgiller
[signature]
Mine is just positioned like an extra rodholder, except that I use 2" ABS topped with a 2"-4" (I think it's 4") adapter to cradle the base of the unit. Inside the wide 4" section, I epoxied some strips cut from a mousepad (the thick rubbery kind) to keep the FB from rotating. I didn't bother to use the mount it came with because I don't swivel it in and out.

If you scroll down a little to the "Ol Dirty Basser Camera Boom" thread, I posted pics there. Should be obvious where the Fishin' Buddy goes.
[signature]
That's a wood dowel. I had to put that there to keep the pvc from following the tighting knob so it doesn't "fold up" while doing that. It locks it there and stays tight.
[signature]