Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Although this is agains my better judgement....I will go ahead and respond.

New Castle... Wipers
Lake Powell...Striped bass and others
Sand Hollow...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Willard Bay...Walleye and wipers
Pineview...Tiger musky
Mantua...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Jordanelle...Smallmouth bass
Cottonwood...Tiger musky
Bullock...Tiger musky
Pelican...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Gunlock...largemouth bass and bluegill
Quail hollow....largemouthbass and bluegill
Johnson...Tiger musky
All the community fisheries...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Steinaker...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Red Fleet...Largemouth bass and bluegill

These are just off the top of my head.

By the way.....My part in this discussion is over.

Drew
[signature]
Thanks for spelling it out for us, Drew, and for trying to end this thread. Now if we can get Cliff to do the same thing.

George (Orem Fishing Club)
[signature]
That is fine, Just wanted to take notes on what I had done wrong that day so I did not repeat it. If I know how someone else was successful then I can apply it to the conditions found on that type of day in the future. I did not want advice on how to fish EC just a peace to a puzzle that I could not find yesterday.

Like I said I have done very well up there this year and in the past. I have taken a couple 19" three that went 18" and a bunch of 15" 16" this year. And yes the are still swimming!!!

The SM in east canyon are great, and I do wish a slot could be worked out with the DWR. But Drew is right, they can not manage fishers that are from illegal stocking. It's to bad to cause the bass in there are fatter then any were in the state. Maybe something can be worked out in the future.
[signature]
I cannot agree more. Drew is right here.

It is insane to think that as individual, non-accountable fishermen, we should be introducing any foreign species into any body of water. The results are impossible to predict.

I have seen way too many bodies of water ruined by exotic or foreign species. You may get lucky once in while and have a positive impact on a fishery by bringing in a new species, but you could also cause a disaster. There is a lot of research (and time) that needs to go into any change like that. It is not something that should be taken lightly. Every ecosystem is different and has been managing itself for millions of years. When you bring people into the equation, these ecosystems are quickly destroyed. These folks are there to ensure that we don't do that. Conservation is the key!

I, for one, appreciate all of the work that these folks do in order to control our fisheries. Without them, the masses will destroy our fisheries and my kids won't enjoy the same experiences that I treasure.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Drew.
[signature]
[inline quit-digging-grave-knife-fork-huckabee.jpg]
[signature]
[quote dowhatwecan]

New Castle... Wipers
Lake Powell...Striped bass and others
Sand Hollow...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Willard Bay...Walleye and wipers
Pineview...Tiger musky
Mantua...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Jordanelle...Smallmouth bass
Cottonwood...Tiger musky
Bullock...Tiger musky
Pelican...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Gunlock...largemouth bass and bluegill
Quail hollow....largemouthbass and bluegill
Johnson...Tiger musky
All the community fisheries...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Steinaker...Largemouth bass and bluegill
Red Fleet...Largemouth bass and bluegill

These are just off the top of my head.

[/quote]

[#008000]Here's a few other NON "Trout" that you probably thought of just after you hit the post button.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]"Just off the top of my head"[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]LEIGH HILL LARGEMOUTH BLUEGILL
STRAWBERRY KOKANEE
VIRGIN RIVER WHITEFISH
AZURE GRAYLING
FLAMING GORGE KOKANEE
YUBA MACKINAW PIKE
MINERSVILLE SMALLMOUTH [/#008000]

[#008000]NEWTON MUSKIE LARGEMOUTH[/#008000]
[#008000]JOES VALLEY SPLAKE
FISH LAKE SPLAKE
LOST LAKE BROOKIES
PETES HOLE TIGERS
OTTER CREEK SMALLMOUTH
PIUTE SMALLMOUTH
PRUESS LAKE SACRAMENTO PERCH [/#008000]

[#008000]STARVATION WALLEYE[/#008000]
[#008000]WILLARD WALLEYE[/#008000]
[#008000]UTAH LAKE ALMOST EVERYTHING[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]FINALLY, ALL OF THE WATERS IN UTAH - BASICALLY, EVERY SPECIES OF GAME FISH THAT IS NON NATIVE.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]OK, so I'm over generalizing a little, but, My point is that we as anglers, basically have the DWR to THANK that we have any fishing at all here in Utah - regardless of the species we enjoy. [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]It's an unimaginably difficult job to manage all of the waters in this state and cater to the preferences of all of the different anglers while simultaneously balancing the complex needs of the water users here. [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]We don't have to agree with everything they do, but Let's show them a little appreciation.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[signature]
+ 1 million, we do need to appreciate what the DNR is doing, trying to manage our fisheries would make me loose my mind with everyone complaining that the species they want to fish for isn't getting enough attention. I don't know if anyone can really argue that as a general rule bucket biologist are a very bad thing for our waters.
[signature]
[quote BigBassaholic] I have a hard time believing a few die-hard fisherman could bring in enough smallmouth bass to support the lake with a decent population....

..[/quote]

Sand Hollow was planted with 80 bass. They ain't trout. They reproduce like rabbits.

Cliff, Stop hating trout, and just go fish were there are bass.

[#0000ff]Comments deleted that were somewhat accurate, and also somewhat humorous (except bassrods probably wouldn't think so), but we can do without them. Kent[/#0000ff]
[signature]
shorts pulled up to nipples

haha! and here i thought i was the only one that did that.
[signature]
I didn't want to post what or how on the open form but can by PM....
[signature]
I ask a question and get jumped on thanks...

All I wanted to know is if the DWR or Drew with the DWR had done any thing we could hear about that has made our warm water fishery any better..... Insn't that what he (Drew) is over????

And who said I hate or don't like trout????

Have there been or are there any thing being planned again like the trees in Yuba???How is the Tigers coming along ???

What are they using the warm water ponds for now???

But all I get is a list of lakes with what fish are in them...How dum is that????
[signature]
Cliff,
Not only are you "DUM" but you are ignorant! You just don't understand things unless they are what you want to hear! Why can't you just keep you mouth shut when someone puts you in your place? You are just too stubborn and "DUM" and insist on opening up your pie hole and inserting your foot (again and again). I've watched this happen many times. Dowhatwecan and Fishhound put up a list of waters. The UDWR does not have to answer to you on a forum like this and I applaud Drew at least speaking up. If you want answers to your questions, attend the RAC meeting in your area and ask. This is proper place to sound off. Good grief!
(by the way "dumb" is the correct spelling).
[signature]
"But all I get is a list of lakes with what fish are in them...How dum is that????"

[#6000bf]LOL, I have never heard you acknowledge fault in anything [/#6000bf][#6000bf]Bassrods. You continually criticize people for not doing [/#6000bf][#6000bf]as you counsel (although legal).[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Clearly, your so called "requested information" was answered by more than one person. Then, you call it [/#6000bf][#6000bf]dumB. You never learn LOL.......
[/#6000bf]
[signature]
Another job well done! Looking forward to the next report...or even another question! Or maybe even answering your own questions [shocked]. You do seem to know it all.
[signature]
Seriously[Wink] bassrods, you should be thanking Drew and everyone that he works with. If it were not for them none of us would be enjoying any type of fishing in UT. How is it that you have been on this planet as long as you have and still act the way you do? Next you will probably be complaining that hunters shouldn't shoot to kill, just wound the big game and take a picture of it, bandage it up and let it be on its' way.[sly] I have never met you in person and the more I read / decipher your post, the more I hope I don't meet you. You give us all a bad name[crazy]

P.S. There is a little box marked "Check Spelling" you should attempt to utilize that tool[blush]

For Drew and the rest of his crew THANK YOU!!!
[signature]
I have been watching this post for the past several days. I do agree with NOT illegally stocking fish, but isn't this forum suppose to be about what your catching, where to fish, and good baits to use? So many discussions on this forum continue to chase rabbits, therefore turning into arguments, and ultimatly us criticizing our fellow fishermen.....I enjoy reading intresting posts and learning new places to fish, but damn this is like a soap opera....I am getting tired of opening a post time after time and have to read through the arguments before i realize its another moan/groan session and has nothing to do with catching fish!

maybe we should start a new reality show...call it "BigFishTackleBitchAward"!!
[signature]
I nominate you for first prize. [:p]
[signature]
And I thought Afghanistan was going to be dangerous! I think I might start wearing body armor when I fish at home or whenever I come to this web site.
Cliff you seem to thrive on controversy, and that's cool if that's your thing but any sane person who does not like controversy would have pissed off from here and just keep to him/her self and fish and enjoy life and stop putting him/herself in situations like this one that are supposed to be causing you grief.
So please do yourself and everyone else on this site a favor...
Either just come out of the closet and admit you thrive on controversy because it brings attention to you and this is just some sick twisted way of getting what you need.
Or...
Stop posting and acting hurt.
[signature]
I think this subject has been beat to death.
[signature]