Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why are things so late here in europe, germany to be exact
i had to run someone up to frankfurt airport today from here on base, and was told about it last night, so i loaded up the 4 weight for a little fishing on Weisbaden Army Airfield, they have a stretch of river US Military is allowed to fish liscense free as long as its catch and release. well i dropped this guy off 11 and a half hours early (my bad) for his flight so i could make it to the river by 9am. anywho i got there and started shooting line all over the place with a bugger and was hooking perch left and right, little tiny bastards. anyway i ran into an older retired gentleman and we got to talking about my recent trip to UT/CO. he informed me of the fly shop in Weisbaden that is an orivs dealer. so i thought what the hell ill go there. plugged in cords in my GPS and made it there by 2pm. the guy behinde the desk spoke a little english so we chatted it up in my 4th grade german and i told him about the orvis deal they had back in the states.... buy a TLS or Helios get a free batten kill reel. needless to say i came home with another rod.... this time a Helios 5 weight, and free reel. it was on the pricier side due to the fact that it was Euro's, 635Euro to be exact. after doing my math i came up with about 730 bucks US, and another free large arbor battenkill, free backing, and free rio line, 3 leaders, some 6X, and about a dozen flies that work around here (so he says) for the whole shabang. all in all not a bad deal. just thought i would share since Irishfloattuber (forgive me if thats the wrong screen name) passes through germany anytime soon. the guy told me the deal ends on the 15th of this month.

also thought it would be neat to share yet another place, aside from japan and korea, where i have fly fished!
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Good for you kouchanut. Looks like Orvis takes care of their customers wherever they may shop. Too bad that they didn't have that offer available when I bought my Zero and CFO II reel. Although I did use two of their coupons plus some other incentive, it didn't match the value of a free reel. Tight lines, now go get the skunk off of that Helio.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
sounds like an awesome day to me.. free fishing.. new rod and reel etc.. cant beat that with a spinning rod for sure. .:-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]