Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smelt ?
[center]anybody ?
[center]
[center]is any one making beer batter smelt and morell toccos?
[signature]
not without your secret recipie we not..
[signature]
Never have liked those things..... probably has something to do with cleaning several 5 gal buckets full of them when I was a kid with my dad.

Pair of sissors.... clip the head.... then up the belly.... run your finger through the middle to get some of the guts out.... throw them into the clean bucket of water. Think I may have done that a few million times spring of 1981.
[signature]
I do like smelt, and I probably eat a couple dozen a year, but to clean just one five gallon pail would be a bit much for any one....

I did a gallon as a kid and thought that was excessive, especialy when we didnt get to eat them.... I think I was in my mid twenties before I et my first smelt.

we had them with deap fried store bought button shrooms
[signature]
[ol][li]Deap Fry shrooms and smelt[/li][li]dice fryd shrooms and smelt[/li][li]stuff toco shell[/li][li]garnish with diced tomato and shredded cheese and lettus if you must[/li][li]top with Red hot sause if yer buds can handle the flavor burst[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][li]Repeat 1-5[/li][/ol]
[signature]
interesting..
[signature]
wheres a good spot to go smelt dipping..only gone off the peirs a few times didnt do very good..id like to try it and willing to travelweres the big runs come in..
[signature]
your one up on me, I never got to go, just got to clean fish

I do know they get them between ancor bay and east tawas, I also know they catch them in the streams of the up hook and line. biguns 13 inchers ... I like the meds my self, 6-8 inchers....
[signature]
a freind of mine says he gets em through the ice on houghton alot..never took the trip..
[signature]