Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluegills still not bedding good?
ive been trying for a few weeks now and just cant get any consistant bluegill action on the beds..on again off again..there scholing up and ready i think the watters still to cold..dont know..any ideas..
[signature]
the femails are off the beds down here, the males are on, milking is over, the males are lurking about on the watch as they allways do...
[signature]
there coming on the beds but i just cant hit em consistant..on one day..off for a week..dont get it
[signature]
gills are on their beds around here
[signature]
yup caught a mess of em today off their beds .managed to catch a nice smallie on hook and worm. he was a nice one measured 18" fat female full of eggs,kinda felt bad keeping her being all full of eggs and all but i do like smallmouth bass.
[signature]
dang it..everything pointed towards a good day today..full moon..steady barometer..right watter temp..and a front moving in..and i went trout fishing insteed..no brookies 5 browns..i rainbow..wont eat a brown dont taste good..i shouldve been catching dinner...
[signature]
get while they are there..they dont like to stay put very long..
[signature]
It was pretty slow around here today too .
I had to bail out the boat before heading out , kinda windy and cold on the lake . I shoulda headed south to the dam instead .
I had a few small gills to start then hit into a school of some really small perch , none worth keeping .

I should be out on the golf corse getting crawlers but the 6 a.m. alarm for work will be here before I know it .
[signature]
if the weather cooperates well get into em..work comes first..at least we got on the watter..better than working..
[signature]
My satilite connection is a little slow tonight , overcast skys bigtime .
I've been getting the gills on maggots and I have a steady supply of them to pick up on the roadside .
We are getting $3.50 for 2 dozen at the baitshops that do carry them .
I've been doing roll casts with the rubber spiders with little sucess , natural baits are doing better .
yea..i finally put the flyrod away myself..went to the mini-mite jigs with waxworms..working alot better..topwatter slow this year just like alot of things...
[signature]
for the next hot run, look for the cotton wood flies...

ya cant miss them, they will be every where, they are already starting drop here....

I am geting reports left and right of lots of gills being caught everywhere.
[signature]
Fixin lawn mowers and the roto-tiller this week and I have a couple three trees or so to cut up after last nights thunderboomers rolled threw .
Thiss weekend thou , the Mrs. and I are off to the lake for some fishing time all to ourselves , no kids , just like we did when we first met .
our first date was fishing off of harsons island in a rented boat , we did good untill a skybuster thunderstorm came out of nowhere , we had to hit the canals to get back to the boat launch because the rollers from the storm were too big for that boat on the main lake .
Those canals can be a maze that has no exit if you don't know your way around them , luckely I'm pretty familiar with those waters from bass fishing them .
[signature]
gotta love them romantic short cuts....

thats funny, you found your sweetie duing a storm and I lost mine during a storm... go figure...[:p] Say, I wonder if it was the same storm? May of 83 [crazy][sly]
[signature]
yea its starting to snow cotton wood flies here to..the eggs are still tight in all the females im catching..
[signature]
gills have made it on yhe beds here females lose and spawning..gotem good yesterday..ill be getten em till there gone now..dont worry i let the females go..dont want to damage the population to bad..
[signature]
May of 89 ' Is when we went fishing but I met her 5 years before that at the Gibralter Trade Center , I had a booth there selling percision tools .

Her and I ended up working at the same place those five years later and one thing led to another .

That storm of 83 is when I was 2 miles out on lake erie in a 8' small lake fishing boat with a 3 h.p. seahorse outboard just fishing for walleye, thought id'e never get back to shore that day .

Buddy of mine at work has been going out on the bay every day for walleye , plans going during these upcomming storms too , just foolish I guess .

They are getting eyes a mile and a half out .
[signature]
the eyes are dooin good every where.

gills are reported as being on the beds in proud lake.

isnt it amazing how much of a day one can remember from ages ago when ones sole mate is involved...[crazy]
[signature]