Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best lure?
In your own opinion, What would you say is the best lure to catch large mouths and other types of bass in a freshwater Canal?
[signature]
In 2006 I fished the canals from foot and I came across all sorts of battles. Brush, trees, snakes, mosquitoes, etc. I wish I had a canoe. Anyways, a frog topwater worked great for the bass but I more than often caught some nasty looking catfish-toothy-creature of the damned-fish. I don't know what it was but it looked like a Snakefish.
Stickbaits worked good because they were weedless and I could put them right in the junk but I'm glad I was using braid because those bass turned right toward the bank in to the sticks.
I didn't get in to the peacocks like I was hoping but there was a guy fly fishing that put me to shame. Every ten minutes he had one on. He was using what looked like an olive colored wooly bugger (sp).
[signature]
that funny looking toothy fish is a dog fish..we have alot of them..there trashfish and should be removed when cought..they can take over a lake quickly..
[signature]
1) Rattle Trap
2) Flipping a Craw
3) Buzzbait
In that order.....
[signature]
A stickbait seems to work when nothing else does. Watermelon with black or red flake work best for me. 5" or 6"
[signature]
theres no such thing as the best lure there are different lures for different situations thats why there are so many choices
[signature]
The best lure?The funny thing is i talk to plenty of other fisherman.And they all pull out that one lure and say this is the best lure i have ever bought.The truth behind the matter is that,one day you can tie a lure on and they bite great on that one.And then you come back the next day and try that same one.You find that they will not hit on that same lure. So my thought would be to buy some top runners and some 0'to6' depth lures and test both out.
I tested all kinds of lures last summer.And had good and bad luck with all of the varieties.
[signature]