Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too cold up north!
Things are way behind in the U.P. My son caught a steelhead last night and it was still full of spawn.
[signature]
[Smile] If you dont mind my asking , how far north were you fishing. I ask only because I,ll be going to the northern tip of michigan to Indian river.
[signature]
hes in the u.p..lake superior side..its always cold up there
[signature]
My bad I did fish the manistiuqe lakes, big and little manistiuqe in june 4 years ago it wasnt hot . nice looking area but the water level was done and the may flys were hatching. No luck that time out.
[signature]
wre do you call home..just curios said you were headed north..
[signature]
Forest ohio ,90 miles south of toledo ohio, 20 miles south of findlay oh. but I cant , stay out of michigan water. the fishing in ohio is not as good as it is in wolverine country. We do however have an upcoming lake Indian lake 12 years saugeyes were introduced and they have taken off .
[signature]
ive been on a boat on lake erie..left out of port clinton ohio..we killed the walleyes..big ones to..plan on making a return trip soon..just make sure you have a big boat that lake can get rough in a hurry..
[signature]
y ea that lady can be one mean piece of water, we used to fish it in A 14 ft bass boat . I,ve since become the wiser. Nothing less than 23 ft for this sailor. but if you like catching walleyes that is the place . In late spring when the fish are just leaving the rivers and are still in closer to the shore they are killer hungrey even in the summer out on the reaves they are ravinous. lord I think Igot to get back out on the water, I,m starting withdrawls.
[signature]
we got cought out there in a 17 foot lund out by the islands..we spent the nite on one of those islands..better than risking death..we did have a good walleye dinner that nite..kinda fun.
[signature]
Glad to hear you , livedto tell about it. If you go back try trolling around the south side of kellys ILsand right there by rhe glacial grooves, monster walleyes im not kiding. or if its to windy troll around in sandusky bay right out around the mouth, good pike fishing. even though lake erie isnt were most people go to catch northerns. good luck and stay dry.
[signature]
Indian river...the tip of Michigan? Keewanaw Peninsula is the northern tip of Michigan. We're just experiencing one of the cold springs. Last year was unusually cold here in the spring too. Global warming hey?
[signature]
Findlay ohio ? I have a deercamp buddy living down there , Dennis Parrot .
Half crazy son of a gun for sure . I went fishing with his son and ex-brother-in-law a couple weeks ago .

I 'm kinda enjoying the late spring a little bit but it could end any day now and it wouldn't bother me one bit .
We are still waking to frost on the windsheilds a couple times a week , when the fish are hitting it's non stop and they are getting more aggressive each time out .
I've been scouting out some beaver ponds in the area and have some nice brookies held up in them , going to be tough fishing in some of the submerged brush .
[signature]
thats what im looking for..ill be there to help you out on those brokies..just need an invite..[sly]
[signature]
sorry to hear that the cold has nt left you yet. maybe it will soon . fishing isnt near as much fun when you are freezing . never the less if you can get a line in water its a good day , keep on fishing.
[signature]
The locations aren't a secret , Gladwin feild trial area . There are three lakes (more like ponds ) and public campgrounds at the feild trial area .
Get ready to do a lot of walking though , it's all overgrown since the Mi.D.N.R. closed off the two-tracks .
Gotta keep an eye out for the cougar in the area too, he's not as freindly as the bears [bobhappy].

Some of the streams are just big enough to hop over . I hit one with a silt covered hole almost 5 foot deep , man that got my attention when I dropped int it .
sounds like my kind of fun..ill look you up ..probly the end of the month..ready for a brookie trip..dont worry im used to these conditions..it wouldnt be brook trout fishing without them..
[signature]