Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayflies
need to know when the mayflies usually hatch in the northern tip of lower penninsula , in the land of the wolverine. Going to mullet lake 18th of june.
[signature]
seen a few on the au sable river .. also a few long lake in my area which is south of mullet so im guess any day now ..but i can let you know more in a few days ..kinda cold here today with rain
[signature]
thank you , if your seeing them as far north as long lake then I,m guessing that by the 18th of june mybe the will hatch and move on. I dont know for sure but I think the hatch is over in about a week if im wrong please let me know. how is the fishing on long lake catch any pike ?.I saw it on the map when I was looking for some place up north ,looks to me like it is connected to lake huron it should be good fishing.
[signature]
oh I was talking about long lake in the hale area i think ur thinking of long lake in Alpena
long lake Hale has a boat load of Pike ..iv got a few when i been out bass fishing the last few weeks .
lots of nice smallies in that lake too... if you get time when your in the Alpena area check out grand lake ..... what a great lake ... also long lake alpena has a boat load of smallies that get real big ..i love both them lakes also in our area is hubbard lake ..not to many pike as far as i know im sure there in there ...but i can say for sure i can take any one to hubbard and get a 5lb smallie....iv got a few 6lbs smallie out of hubbard lake ..... i dont eat them ..but what a ball you know you got some thing when you get a 5lb smallie ... any time any 1 wants to go let me know LOL
[signature]
No mayflys in my area , just june bugs and stink bugs .
I haven't seen any of the usual hatches going on either , it's a slow start to say the least .
I'm getting more northerns than I usually do , even in some of the local rivers .
[signature]
Thank you for the info Idont know where Hale is on the map but Iam going to find out. sounds like a place that should be fished.
[signature]
i dont think a fish alive would eat a junebug or a stinkbug..no need tying up those paterns..that reminds me i did see some mayflies dropping eggs last week..maybee theyve already hatched..
[signature]
Lonehunter ,not sure where you hale from , but thanks for your reply .did you say pike? Ilike to fish and any catch is a good one but a pike is like a 15 round title fight I like it. good luck on your next outing.
[signature]
I'm in central Michigan , Gladwin .
Hale is just west and south of oscoda in the N.E. corner of the mitt .
look for highway M-55 and M-65 , go north on M65 and you are in hale .The Au Sable river is just north of Hale .
The AuSable river system is just about on of the most awesome spots to fish as it is to view .
You might want to check out Fletchers flooding as well , nice pike action in there too .

Like the pike ? Try the steelhead and salmon runs !
Warning , just one time and you are pretty much ruined when it comes to
fighting a lesser fish . I've had battles that have lasted up to 45 minutes and left my arms just killing me .
thank you for your directions and advice, I always wonderd about steel head and salmon. But I fish from a small boat and will not pay for a charter, call me stubern .I wonder do you have to fish big big water for those bad boys will a18 ft bass boat do ?
[signature]
bring that 18 foot bass boat up here ..I'll show ya some fish LOL
[signature]
I may just do that if i can get away, fall thats always proved to be the best time to fish , for me at least. and that may be the only time i can get away. Thanks for invite. I,ll be in touch.
[signature]
Thats not to far from where I go , I,ve already decided to stop at houghton lake might as well stop at fletchers pond as well. thanks for your tip, I think I,m going to owe you fellow fishermen Alot before its over.
[signature]
watch the stumps
[signature]
Watch the evening beers , somthing about that lake at night makes a feller drink a tad bit too much [Image: happy.gif] .

I like it over by the old submerged rail road right of way , just off the point .
[signature]
the whole lake rocks ..and the beers do go down easy LOL
[signature]
Im sold where do I sign? cant wait till I get there ! tell me more about the stumps , dont want to waste time changing props only got a week to fish.
[signature]
stumps all over .... i fish in a bass contest on that lake.... some guys have the stumps on a GPS..but I never went over 5 mph
some stumps you can see .others are under water those are the bad ones
[signature]
thank you I dont need that while on vacation think I,ll let that one go for now.
[signature]
Here's what we get on that pond LOL
[signature]