Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fly fish around Salt Lake CIty
Hello I will be moving to Salt Lake City and would love if any one could give any insight as to where are the places fish?? Green River and Huntington Creek are names that keep coming up so anyone who has anything would be great! I love to fish for anything!! Not even really sure what all is out in the area to be caught. i know trout but are there places for salmon and steelheads also?? thanks again
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]We have several folks from Utah that hang out here and they'll be sure to clue you in. Are you into fly fishing or spin?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I live in Salt Lake. The Green is AWESOME! but also a 3+hour drive. One thing, if you don't already have one, a tube or toon are sure great. From S.L. you go an hour in any direction and you have a lake. There are even closer ones. Rivers/Creeks, about 5 minute to 45 minutes for the favorites which are Millcreek, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon, Tibbel, American Fork, Upper, Middle, and Lower Provo, Weber, Ogden, etc.
And of course the JORDAN RIVER that runs right through town.

No Steelhead here but there is Koke.

Give a shout when you get here!

FG
[signature]
thanks for the reply so fast! I love to fly fish but i like to spin fish as well. I have caught pretty much everything there is to catch in my area on the spin and have spent the past year trying to o the same on the fly! [Smile] From all that i look at and read I CANT WAIT to get out there gonna be ALOT different from what i am used to.
[signature]
okay first what is Koke?? I have never heard of them at all. Thanks for the heads up on the tube or toon i do not have one but oddly enough i was offered to buy a toon from a friend about a week ago will have to take him up on that offer!! Thanks for all the streams you listed should not have a problem getting onto fish sounds like! So what is average day like out there. We do not have native trout in most of the streams i fish here so a good day here i will catch 25 to 35+ fish anywhere from 12' to 23'' most are in the 14''-16'' range though. What can i expect out out there as far as size and what are the most common fish caught? Browns, bows, golden and tiger trout are what we get here some brook trout in the rodeos i go to but not as many as the others.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Koke is slang for Kokanee Salmon.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Dry Rod answered the Salmon thing.
Depending on the river, but same thing, I would say Brown is the most and White Fish, but Cutthroats, Rainbows, Brookies are there and in the Jordan Catfish, Trout, Carp, White Bass, and a few other warm water species.

Did I mention the UINTA's....you're gonna love those.
[signature]
lol and what are they Smile
[signature]
Thousands of small Lakes and creeks, High mountains, Pine Trees/quakies, cool in the hot summers, beautiful!!!!
There are Brookies, Tiger Trout, Rainbows, Albinos and Golden in some.
Mirror Lake Highway...about an hour and a half of places to explore.
[signature]