Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to try for a muskie

[signature]
Lake Hudson , it's in Michigan (just above the Ohio boarder ).
If you are familiar with the Michigan International Speedway (nascar races this Saturday ) than you are so close to the lake you could almost spit into it from the stands (fishermans lie , the lake is just a couple miles from the speedway ).
Lake hudson is a Mi.D.N.R. muskey egg and semen collecting lake , plenty of muskey in the lake but I do belive there are some restrictions on muskey fishing there.
There is a D.N.R. office at the lake for more info and there is also a campground with a beach area for swimming .
I forget what the daily fee is for using the park/lake but i'm pretty sure it's under $10.00 , I don't know what the camping fee is or other info about using the campground area .
It looks small on a map but the lake is pretty big .
[signature]
thanks for the muskie tip, I cross the line into michigan to fish at coldwater lake 3 or 4 times a year think I,ll try lake hudson next time I make do A day trip or a weekend good luck next time out.
[signature]
On the oppisite end of the lake is great channel cat fishing day or night , real big cats !
[signature]
[ul][li]Thank you lonehunter, I,ll take all info I can get , I spent some time around Adrian mich years ago and think someone made good comments about hudson lake.I believe they also mentioned devils lake to never fished them but its going on the list.[/li][/ul]
[signature]
thornapple lake is another collection area.they had a big article in the paper on it..
[signature]
thank you for your input , michigan has alot more lakes than ohio and they are clean. if I hook on to the boat 9 times out of 10 i,m heading north on the big road good luck to you.
[signature]
the article also said that the farther south you go the less natural reproduction happens..something about watter temp..northern michigan has much better reprodoction numbers then southern michigan..you get the idea there a colder watter fish..
[signature]
Give me cold water then, dont get alot of time to fish so i,ll go where its the best thanks for the info. Iguess I new that but I forgot, getting old I guess.
[signature]
they still stock them in the warmer watter lakes they just dont reproduce very well..check out the lakes they stock them in on the michigan dnr stocking site..
[signature]